• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track size for my 137

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
The 1.25 ripsaw track just is not enough for the winders..anyone try a 1.5 or 1.6 lug cobra..
The stock tracks are worthless

I will be definitely going with a taller lug track when I am due to swap!! It will definitely more playful on the trails

I put a Hurricane 175 on mine when I picked it up this fall and love it! After this I can't see any reason why I would ever go smaller. I am not a lake racer. It does really well on the trails and in the deep. Had the 1.6 Cobra on my Viper and this is way better and a 2 ply track. Up until last weekend when it was really cold (-28C when I left in the a.m.) and hard packed, I have not had to use scratchers at all.

yea 1.25 creates way to much track spin..my apex has the cobra and hooks up much better

I ran the Storm 1.5 for 2 years and liked it but the 270 tune was starting tear it up.

I don't think any track is without a bunch of nails in it.

I had a Back country 1.75" on mine and it was awesome. Great traction

I don't run a Sidewinder but really like my 1.75" Backcountry (taller but thick/stiff lugs) for a mix of on trail durability and a decent lug height for off trail fun.

I have the Ice Storm 150 and have 3,500 miles on it. First 1,600 was stock and the last 1,900 has been tuned switching between the TD SM Ecotrail, Powertrail, and Max Spool 16. I absolutely love the hookup of this track. I had the chance to run the Ice Ripper XT 1.5 on a 900t, and thought the hookup and cornering were much better on the Ice Storm 150.

Certainly understand no where near the traction of a fully studded track, but that isn't what I'm looking for anymore. So far the Ice Storm has held up great.

1.75 backcountry is what I have run for 4000 270 tuned miles and I love it. First 2000 miles on stock 1.25. Got sick of spinning. Hooks up awesome on trails and really digs off trail I ride probably sixty percent off trial with lots of breaking trails in two feet untouched snow. It’ll give you the confidence to go anywhere in in almost any snow and almost rip your arms off when you grab throttle at any speed. It’s awesome.like someone said earlier it’s got very solid lug that stand up well to the crazy power these things put out. If that’s the way you go you will have no regrets.

This is what I’m talking about. If you look closely the do is sitting on an old trail with about a foot of snow on it. I stop like that on purpose to take a picture to send to a buddy that had more important thing to than ride. “FOOL”. Buried like that and I just punched it and it came out like a rocket. Did I say it’s awesome.

Attachments

• F9B9CFD6-6B82-4A94-AF06-3B6E92A692AB.jpeg
    F9B9CFD6-6B82-4A94-AF06-3B6E92A692AB.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 117

Back