• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track

tedgoesfast

Expert
I've asked before but never got a lot of input .I want to put a 1.5 ripsaw on and stud it has anyone tried this.its a 2007 apex gt 121 track

I don't think there is enough room up front heat exchanger. Had one on the wifes sled w/out studs. Had to remove heat exchanger protectors.

I say the track will fit if you remove protectors but studs would then hit exchanger. There is a recent write up on this I am not sure if it was an 10 or older or not.

you should have a 1.25 track on there now jack it up and see how much room is left before the front exchanger is in the way.

I went through this question when putting a 1 1/2" intense on my apex..... track fits but studding ...no. plus if studding a 1 1/2 track the studs are getting way tall and tend to be prone to "lay over" and not penetrate and subject to tear outs.....

I've been running a 1.5 track for 6 years with no issues with tunnel or front exchanger issues. If you haven't run a 1.5 track before your in for a pleasant surprise even with no studs.

I will have to sytasy with a 1.25 a bought a 1.5 I'll trim it down to 1.25 the lugs will be stifferand I will lay the studs to it.should hook up good on a hard trail.My bud put a 1.5 on his doo just didn't want to play catch up with him

I have a 1.5 intense track on mine and love it. No room for studs, I went from a 121 JUNK (ripsaw) with studs to a 136 intense 1.5 with out studs. Massive difference, the intense hooks way better then the old track ever thought about.

So what is the most aggressive track I can put on for deeper snow? I would be looking for a 121 with no studs

Have a 1-1/2" intense on my apex 121... no studs and love it. I ride in almost all loose and deeper snow and can feel the performance gain even to a point of doing some slight clutching adjustments because of the better track.

Did you have to do any modifications to put that track in ? We get about 3 ft of snow here in the ditches and I found with the stock studded track it got stuck all the time which sucked!

Back