• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail manners of the new Apex Mtn

errol

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 SW B-TX LE 50th
With the 162 X 16 X 2.25 track, how do you think the sled will behave on the trails ??? :rocks:

Kmer has the 03 mountain but he switched the track to the 1.25 ripsaw for the trail ride in Manitoba. He was hard to keep up with, even in the twisties.

I would think the 2.25 inch track might be too much lug in low snow conditions. You would probably have to jump off trail a bit to cool it down and get snow onto the hyfax.

I look at it like this, my mountain can do better on the trails than a shorty does in the deep. Can't have it all...

Attachments

• factory air box hose with slit.JPG
    factory air box hose with slit.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 152
  • overhead evac.JPG
    overhead evac.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 160
I rode on today for about 10-15 miles down the trail and it handled great, I could not tell that I was on a 162" track. The new seat and bar positions made it easier to stand up and attack the rough stuff. Great riding sled.

I believe the word "TRAIL" stands for

The
Riding
Area
Inviting
Loosers

Hey Guys I just sent the order in for Apex Mountain. Rode the 06 Apex and thought it was a blast. From what I am reading it sounds like this thing handles on the Trails. I ride in the UP of Michigan and mostly off-trail but I do have to run the trails just to get places now and then. I had a 2004 144 RMK this year and I just curious if anyone can give me a heads up on what I'm in for as far as tight trails and through the trees?

The ride quality is incredible, those 8 - 10 inch ripple bumps just about dissapear
It's a shriekin 10,500rpm, 150hp, 162 inch magic carpet

Back