1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Trail manners of the new Apex Mtn

Discussion in 'Apex Mountain' started by errol, Mar 6, 2005.

1. errol

errol Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2018 SW B-TX LE 50th
    With the 162 X 16 X 2.25 track, how do you think the sled will behave on the trails ??? :rocks:

3. Swiss Sledder

Swiss Sledder TY 4 Stroke God

Kmer has the 03 mountain but he switched the track to the 1.25 ripsaw for the trail ride in Manitoba. He was hard to keep up with, even in the twisties.

I would think the 2.25 inch track might be too much lug in low snow conditions. You would probably have to jump off trail a bit to cool it down and get snow onto the hyfax.

4. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert

I look at it like this, my mountain can do better on the trails than a shorty does in the deep. Can't have it all...

Attached Files:

5. Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim TY 4 Stroke Master

Whats a Trail ?

6. tmk50

tmk50 VIP Member VIP Member

I rode on today for about 10-15 miles down the trail and it handled great, I could not tell that I was on a 162" track. The new seat and bar positions made it easier to stand up and attack the rough stuff. Great riding sled.

7. SoCoRX1

SoCoRX1 TY 4 Stroke Guru

its some new word. ive never heard it 'round these parts

8. woodsrider

woodsrider TY 4 Stroke Junkie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 YZ450FX1 Moto-Trax 137 Mountain Kit
    I believe the word "TRAIL" stands for

The
    Riding
    Area
    Inviting
    Loosers

9. TillTheEnd

TillTheEnd Newbie

Hey Guys I just sent the order in for Apex Mountain. Rode the 06 Apex and thought it was a blast. From what I am reading it sounds like this thing handles on the Trails. I ride in the UP of Michigan and mostly off-trail but I do have to run the trails just to get places now and then. I had a 2004 144 RMK this year and I just curious if anyone can give me a heads up on what I'm in for as far as tight trails and through the trees?

10. 0007

0007 Veteran

The ride quality is incredible, those 8 - 10 inch ripple bumps just about dissapear
    It's a shriekin 10,500rpm, 150hp, 162 inch magic carpet