• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Seat vs. Mountain Seat

putz21

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'23 Sidewinder LTX LE w/EPS
‘19 Sidewinder LTX SE
For those of you that started out on the Trail Seat and have switched over to the Mountain Seat, what are your opinions?

I'm looking for a seat that provides a bit more height and a slight more cushion. I should also mention I do 100% trail riding, so looking for your opinions.

Almost 22 oookm on stock seat SW and viper combine. This year i have switch for the montain seat for exactely the reson you are looking for. 3100km later all could say is, i should have done this way before! :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Almost 22 oookm on stock seat SW and viper combine. This year i have switch for the montain seat for exactely the reson you are looking for. 3100km later all could say is, i should have done this way before! :)

View attachment 147363

Great to hear! Just looking at pictures of the mountain seat, it certainly looks higher and a bit more cushion. Thanks for your feedback as you certainly have some "seat" time! :)

I switched and the extra height was unnoticeable to me because it was softer. And because it was softer it seemed like a marshmallow under me and just floated around. Didn’t seem to have support where I could shift my weight a little and Sobel to push or pull as easily because it was so soft. And actually felt to squishy even on rough trails. I went back to stock.

Dam. Im a taller guy and would like to find something an inch or two taller and that still looks good. I the old days we would build an wooden box under the indy seat to raise it up

I’m 6’5” and the stocker is more comfortable. Remember on trail it’s a balance between comfort and being able to maintain low cg. Stock seems to do that best for me

Yep. Me too and 3 feet of it from my knee to ankle. Lol. . For short rip trips stock seat good. For long long days of riding id like it taller.

Not that i always agree with the snowtrax boys but they also commented on the 19 seat hight in comparison to the doo and poo and wished it higher

Love mine.....Higher and very cushy. Not too soft at all IMO, and very much like the older XS doo seats which were ultra cushy.

I will say when the design for me is perfect for aggressive trail riding, since the front does slope down to a very similar height to trail seat, so you can scooch up, get low and rail the twisties...or scooch back and raise up/back to cruise.

Also one of the biggest reasons for me was to gain tunnel length on my short 129" tunnel, this allows for my LinQ bag to open nicely, while trail seat 'tail' was too long.

Dan

img_9637-jpg.131669

img_9634-jpg.131670

img_0024-jpg.132047

Thanks Dan. Ive wanted the cross country seat for some time. Not sure what the yam prices were but the cat one is like 666.95

Wow.. just noticed the edges of your running boards are same as the stronger ones found on the RR> .. I didn't know yam had that option on the 50th...cool.

Yeah its very expensive! You can buy the foam and cover and its somewhat cheaper.
True.... cover is like 370....but if i owned an upholstery shop i wouldn't touch it for under 250 and the end result would look like crap anyways.........well unless they added some green flames or something lol

I have one season on a stock seat and one on the mountain seat. I'm 6' and 170 lbs and I like the mountain seat better because it's a little slimmer and a little taller.

Back