• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transfer rod problem

dzglaser21

Veteran
So this season i have started to try and learn and understand the suspension on these things. Today while i had my sled in the garage i was starting to inker with my transfer rod. So i bring out the supplied tool and quickly realize that it is just not going to cut it. I then setup up to channel locks, prybar and mallet then a seteling torch onto finaly a combo of all said tools. When it was said and done i managed to get about an 1/16th of a turn in either direction. Is there a secret to this or if i would like the luxory of this adjustment i need to replace it. Its an 05 by the way

t rod

Did you loosen the stop nut first? Make sure you loosen the outside nut counterclockwise before trying to adjust inner nut. Should move fairly freely. Good luck!

The nuts lock up against each other, you have to hold one and loosen the other, then you'll be able to move them to where you want. You then lock them together in the position you want. If you turned them together you could have damaged the thread. Good luck.

Back