• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Troops; check out the new adboiven skid!

Verrrrrrrrry interesting................................. How does it compare for ride quality to stock yammies???? MM. :ORC

Can it take the beatings my "classic" Expert takes?That should be one of our biggest concerns. If they could guarranty it to not break, I'd probably try one. Also, like the "classic" Expert, will it hold snow and ice? My Expert, that is my ONLY complaint. I wonder of the bolt patterns are the same, I'd hate to drill 4 more holes in my tunnel.

-1CS

I LOVE the concept and the price is good, but if it's only 10 pounds lighter than a mono I don't see the point.

I am very interested as I was going to get an expert. But can it handle the abuse? I have some friends with the expert and they love it. Best suspension they say they have ever had. I would love to see a nonbias opinion

The price is very good but like others have stated with that kind of money. I would want some kind of guarantee. Really like the idea of bolt on kits too.

I think this is definitely the future of suspensions. That thing looks awesome. 10 pounds of "unsprung" weight is really a big difference guys. That's way more important to a trail rider (moguls especially) than saving 10 pounds in the chassis somewhere. Look at all the bogey wheels on that thing, and 4 wheels in the back. That's why it's only 10 pounds lighter. I has got to be better on Hyfax because of that and the better angle of attack that boivin skids have compared to Yamaha.

Obviously durability is going to be a big key to the success of this idea, but I don't see it being a big issue. In addition, replacement parts should be really cheap. Most of the price is shocks and wheels. The same is true for the weight.

Saw a version of this skid in the spring issue of SNOWTECH 1999,long time coming to market. :exc:

They have been R&Ding it for quite a while. But like the Rev XP I am not convinced that it wont have logevity problems

Back