• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Truck ramp plans

Bluebullet

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Built a sub floor in the back of my Dodge 8 ft bed,Used 4x8 ft 1/2" sheet of plywood. Cut 2 std 2x4 to fit inside grooves in bed rails, used one 2 x 8 board across the inner wheel hubs (cross pcs). used 6 2x4 short legs to support cross pcs. built a 8 ft ramp that will fit under the sub floor. Used some 2x4's( cross supports) Framing 4 pcs of 2x8 boards.. Cut up an old bed liner for ski guides, old track for ramp traction. I will post some pics . What have others used? I am thinking having the ramp with me all the time might be handy ( better than hunting for snow banks). I have used this for 2 seasons now with some minor adjustments. It is nice to never have to tow a trailer on 4-6 hour trips and also when I am in my riding area makes it real mobile to get around. When I come home I unload the sled and leave my ramp system in my truck till next trip.
Posted for OCD Steve
Terry

Attachments

• Ramp pics 007.jpg
    Ramp pics 007.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 407
  • Ramp pics 008.jpg
    Ramp pics 008.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 716
  • Ramp pics 003.jpg
    Ramp pics 003.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 628
  • t_ramp_pics_002_109.jpg
    t_ramp_pics_002_109.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 627
  • 1st sled trip rest area.jpg
    1st sled trip rest area.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 522

Thanks guys, real in expensive to build and works like a champ! No, the go between piece between sub floor and ramp ( Hinged ) has enough track on when sled is loaded that it has slight weight enough to not bounce around and also keeps tail gate from bouncing also. Just makes smooth transition for the skis when loading and unloading. its only about 2 ft same as tailgate.
;)!

Canadian, That looks and would work awesome, No welding on mine just lots of drywall screws and some bolts ! lol

Bluebullet said:
Canadian, That looks and would work awesome, No welding on mine just lots of drywall screws and some bolts ! lol

Thank, I wasn't wanting to highjack your thread. For most people yours would be much easier to build.

Bluebullet, Is your truck a full size bed or shortbox?

Nice job BTW!

My Ram bed is 8 ft the subfloor si also 8ft and ramp is 8 ft. All fits inside with tail gate shut. I have a tri fold toneau cover over when sled is not in the bed. I can transition and have sled loaded in like 15 min ! Easy!
No problem Can, your post will just give someone a alternate idea.. all good! ;)! ;)! ;)!

I saw his ramp in person. This ramp works very well & is tucked underneath for easy access & hook up. It also saves whole bed & tailgate from any studs. Me & friend with new truck were thinking of leaving them in all winter so no hassels when time to go. We just need to build to 6' beds. I may be able to make shorter so we can close tailgates when not used. I'll have to figure it out...

Added full length rack piece to ramp looks and works better. Here is an updated pic for ya, Sled is loaded for last trip of season?
Blue :sled1: :sled1: ;)!

Attachments

• ramppic.jpg
    ramppic.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 694
Ramps in the truck for this season. More rain for Mass but I am hoping for snow in Maine. Maybe a trip soon! Last year first trip was in Feb..... 3 trips all year only 1500 miles. Looks weak again this season. Had plenty of snow early this year but work.....
Let it snow!
Blue

Cool! Saw a guy around here with a similar design he built from youtube. I have about trashed my tailgate will have to build one for the next truck.

I have done the same thing, works great, my bed is 6' but still used an 8' sheet and hinged it so the tailgate can be closed when not in use.

Back