• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying to decide which TD exhaust to get.

GAS

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX, TD SQ exhaust, TD tune bundle. Dash flash, TD/Dalton clutch kit, 225, 1.57 mega bit studs. Pilot skis.
I'm getting a new exhaust and i'm trying to decide between the super quiet and turbo force. I like the TF because you can get to the chaincase adjustment easy, and it is louder. But I'm worried it maybe to loud on long trips and getting louder as time goes on. Anyone have any experience with these cans. THANKS

I'm getting a new exhaust and i'm trying to decide between the super quiet and turbo force. I like the TF because you can get to the chaincase adjustment easy, and it is louder. But I'm worried it maybe to loud on long trips and getting louder as time goes on. Anyone have any experience with these cans. THANKS
I have 3700 miles on sandale 3" all good,not any louder now than 3700 miles ago.

I have both and prefer SQ hands down. TF can get annoying on long trail rides imo.

I have both and prefer SQ hands down. TF can get annoying on long trail rides imo.
I think I agree. Had Sandale's dyno test not showed a 15hp difference between his 2.5" (similar to TD SQ) and the 3", I would still have the SQ on my sled. It's about the perfect muffler IMHO.

Reactions: GAS
Sandale is a muffler designer/builder.... If you want the king of HP, its the Sandale 3" period.

For many of us though, sound means alot more then HP when we have such plentiful HP with our tunes....So for me, it was only going to be a STOCK MODDED muffler, as Ive run 3" and SQ in the past, and they are no way legally gonna pass many checkpoints, and too be honest, I LOVE a quiet sled, it just plain is better and more enjoyable. Be it the ability to hear my jams better when riding higher speeds, or no drone at medium speeds, it just is better for me.

3 options in stock modded(that I know of)

-Sandale (would be top pick)
-Hurricane (replica, so you get to keep your STOCK muffler untouched)
-TD (I went this route early on before the above were avail, as Ben gave me a killer deal which I could not pass up)

I really love my stock modded, even though its about 1/2 lb psi DOWN on boost from a aftermarket muffler, it still makes mega HP and at a much more stock like sound, I enjoy the fact most think the sled is bone stock when riding by.

Dan

Sandale is a muffler designer/builder.... If you want the king of HP, its the Sandale 3" period.

For many of us though, sound means alot more then HP when we have such plentiful HP with our tunes....So for me, it was only going to be a STOCK MODDED muffler, as Ive run 3" and SQ in the past, and they are no way legally gonna pass many checkpoints, and too be honest, I LOVE a quiet sled, it just plain is better and more enjoyable. Be it the ability to hear my jams better when riding higher speeds, or no drone at medium speeds, it just is better for me.

3 options in stock modded(that I know of)

-Sandale (would be top pick)
-Hurricane (replica, so you get to keep your STOCK muffler untouched)
-TD (I went this route early on before the above were avail, as Ben gave me a killer deal which I could not pass up)

I really love my stock modded, even though its about 1/2 lb psi DOWN on boost from a aftermarket muffler, it still makes mega HP and at a much more stock like sound, I enjoy the fact most think the sled is bone stock when riding by.

Dan
Dan, I agree with you on the TD Stock Mod, the power it makes is amazing given how quiet it is. I’ve swapped the 3” to the SMM from one day to the next this year and the power was still plenty impressive - but after the 3” it was like not hearing the exhaust at all while riding - Just the wind and the trail ;)

I have a turboforce, it wasnt too loud when I put it on at the beginning of the season, but 3500kms later it now sounds like a straight pipe. Way too loud for racing.

I dont wanna get in #*$&@ or be called a basher, but the flange is very thin on the turbo force where it mounts to the turbo. Mine has warped slightly. The stock muffler flange is close to twice as thick as on the td. I have a ggb mountain as well, and the flange on that one is thicker than the stock muffler. Just something to keep in mind.

I have a turboforce, it wasnt too loud when I put it on at the beginning of the season, but 3500kms later it now sounds like a straight pipe. Way too loud for racing.

I dont wanna get in #*$&@ or be called a basher, but the flange is very thin on the turbo force where it mounts to the turbo. Mine has warped slightly. The stock muffler flange is close to twice as thick as on the td. I have a ggb mountain as well, and the flange on that one is thicker than the stock muffler. Just something to keep in mind.
How do you like the GGB? Similar performance as the turboforce?

I think I agree. Had Sandale's dyno test not showed a 15hp difference between his 2.5" (similar to TD SQ) and the 3", I would still have the SQ on my sled. It's about the perfect muffler IMHO.
Art,would you be willing to sell your TD SQ muffler,as I am sure you don't need another sandale 3" do you?? lol

Art,would you be willing to sell your TD SQ muffler,as I am sure you don't need another sandale 3" do you?? lol
Sorry, no. I really like the TD SMM and actually switch between it and the Sandale depending on what I'm after that day. Quiet and fast or max hp.

Yours just wasn't surfaced right from the start. Once I a while it can happen in production but it's rare. When surfaced right there is zero issues. Any thickness flange needs to be surfaced. We use the thinest flange that is reliable for weight reduction and also it gives us a touch more room to turn and gives space for the heat shield.

We have no issues with our flanges in many hundreds of mufflers sold. We have been running like this for 3 years now.

Change if subject the the TD stock mod really is a great trail muffler and truly whisper quiet. All you hear is wind noise past 30mph.

Super quiet is a treat option a but louder but lots more hp. Anything else is loud for the trail.

This year we have focused on stock muffler tunes as well and next year even more time will be spent there. We have the ecotrail sm powertrail sm and max spool 16 sm... 260hp stock muffler.

Watch an announcement for new power packages.

And very good deals on muffler. We have never stopped producing muffler since this winter and now have accumulated a big stock level as the season came to an end.

Check for another 10% on top of the 10% of the off season special.

Oh wait, you're asking about the SuperQuiet. Regrettably, I sold my SQ after I got the 3" and was done with the muffler dB tests. I wish I had kept it as I still think it may be the perfect trail muffler (and why I'm never parting with the TD SMM, it's awesome when you want a quiet but fast ride). With Ben's deal above I'm thinking about getting a SQ again, that's a great deal on a great muffler.

TD Super Quiet is a great trail muffler. Very good exhaust.

Back