• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tucker hibbert

Have that hope that this might be the diving force behind the teaming up. Having the arctic sno-x team n tucker to give this a try.

Watched him race last night in salamanca n.y. he just plays with everyone else no one is in his class so smooth and fast.Runs hard for 1/2 of race then goes on cruise control and drives away.

Remember when 4-stroke Supercross bikes first started showing up. All the big names were paid big dollars to get off their 250cc 2-smoke and help promote the 4-stroke by racing it. It took off like mad!!

All I know is if that were to ever happen, Yamaha would be on the map for sure. Hibberts have a very long relationship with AC that would be hard to break. Although, the superman, Blair Morgan, was lured from AC in 2003 to showcase the beavertail Rev from Doo many years ago. And he was very loyal to AC before then.

I saw facebook posts of Hibbert and Blair riding sleds together a week ago or so. I so wish Blair would get back into sled racing like the adaptive races at X-games.

Baggs, I thought the same thing. Something else I thought of was the overall lack of arctic cat riders in comparison to the Polaris and Doo riders. I think there are only 4-6 pro Cat riders. It just seemed like all the riders were on Doo or Polaris. Not many more in the other divisions. I wonder sometimes how well cat is doing, and if a buy-out isn't coming again. Yamaha didn't NEED a chassis as much as cat needed motors. If they are making their own stuff it would seem as though the would be some sort of industry hype about an "an American made motor" that's coming soon.
Back on topic. Tucker could win in a dump truck.

smoothride said:
Blair had a bad accident years ago and was paralyzed. I don't think he recover from that. He had broke his back twice.

That's what I was saying, he is riding a sled again! He resorted to riding side x sides, but has actually gotten back "in" the seat of a sled. Those other guys in the Adaptive race at X-games had similar paralysis.

20130219171239.jpg

20130219171248.jpg

I would guess that tucker has a sled with nytro engine,and when or if he gets fasteron that he will run it, the mod nytro was very capable, on the other hand it may be better pr to win on a arctic built engine, wich he does, interesting times for sure.

Get rid of that stupid rule that you cant gear down the primary clutch, no such rules in 4stroke motocross it would be like not letting them use the the throttle all the way.
in theory that would make a twin 1000 cc phazer engine put out 160 HP, throw that thing in a Arctic race chassi and i think it would be up there with the 2 smokes in snow cross.

Remember when 4-stroke Supercross bikes first started showing up. All the big names were paid big dollars to get off their 250cc 2-smoke and help promote the 4-stroke by racing it. It took off like mad!!

All I know is if that were to ever happen, Yamaha would be on the map for sure. Hibberts have a very long relationship with AC that would be hard to break. Although, the superman, Blair Morgan, was lured from AC in 2003 to showcase the beavertail Rev from Doo many years ago. And he was very loyal to AC before then.

I saw facebook posts of Hibbert and Blair riding sleds together a week ago or so. I so wish Blair would get back into sled racing like the adaptive races at X-games.

Just bringing up a thread from 2013 when it was announced that Yamaha sleds would be made with ProCross Chassis and some AC sleds would have Yamaha engines.

Remember my quote from 2-27-13? "All I know is if that were to ever happen, Yamaha would be on the map for sure. Hibberts have a very long relationship with AC that would be hard to break."

Three words to remember for 2020, then the rumors can start. Hibbert Yamaha Snowcross I won't even say it's from a reliable source. But let me tell you, these sources knew the full story about Yamaha and AC years before 2013, and the lifespan of the AC racing division, well before Tucker left.

Last edited:
Didn't that guy retire???
4 strokes were tried once in sno-X, didn't work.
4-strokes in moto-X, yea it took off. ONLY cause the engines were almost double the displacement. And, for some odd reason, there's a huge push by many of the manufacturer's to reduce or eliminate 2-strokes in their lineup.
250cc 4-stroke against a 250cc 2-stroke, wouldn't stand a chance.

Didn't that guy retire???
4 strokes were tried once in sno-X, didn't work.
4-strokes in moto-X, yea it took off. ONLY cause the engines were almost double the displacement. And, for some odd reason, there's a huge push by many of the manufacturer's to reduce or eliminate 2-strokes in their lineup.
250cc 4-stroke against a 250cc 2-stroke, wouldn't stand a chance.
Much of the success in motocross was due to the predictable and flatter power curve of a four stroke, as well as having much more down low.

Back