• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

while we r talkin tunes, i want to tune my 21 xtx and looking for some advice, basically i want a 1 n done tune, largest hp tune i can get without getting into engine internals,i am lookin at a max spool 17, bov, map sensor,3 in intimidator muffler, is anyone running something like this ? and onow where that will put me hp wise , and also clutching recommendations

while we r talkin tunes, i want to tune my 21 xtx and looking for some advice, basically i want a 1 n done tune, largest hp tune i can get without getting into engine internals,i am lookin at a max spool 17, bov, map sensor,3 in intimidator muffler, is anyone running something like this ? and onow where that will put me hp wise , and also clutching recommendations
If I were you, I'd call TD and talk it over with them.

Isn't the TD MS16 SM tune like 260hp with no other mods needed?
I have that tune and think it rips!
How does the Hurricane 240ss compare to that? Or is the 270 comparable?
270 seems to need more supporting mods (different MAP sensor, CAI, BOV).
Any SS tune from Hurricane needs the 3 bar map sensor. 270 needs Blow off valve. 240-270-300 all need weight changes. IMO, if you want better bottom end and better mid, better on fuel, then you need the PM tune. After running the SM only on the 240SS, its is a blast but after a few rides you notice its a little sloppy on the bottom end. Could be the dalton weights, maybe? Its hard to tell, because of the midrange explosiveness, but when you are cruising slow is where you notice it.

That setup will put you about 285hp. You'll need Dalton weights and can get the stock 35/39 helix to work, but I prefer the straight 35. I would add big fuel pump for good measure.

The largest tune without engine work would be Max 20 Header Tune 315HP. Just my 5 cents.

Any SS tune from Hurricane needs the 3 bar map sensor. 270 needs Blow off valve. 240-270-300 all need weight changes. IMO, if you want better bottom end and better mid, better on fuel, then you need the PM tune. After running the SM only on the 240SS, its is a blast but after a few rides you notice its a little sloppy on the bottom end. Could be the dalton weights, maybe? Its hard to tell, because of the midrange explosiveness, but when you are cruising slow is where you notice it.
Sledfreak what do you mean by sloppy on bottom end ?

That setup will put you about 285hp. You'll need Dalton weights and can get the stock 35/39 helix to work, but I prefer the straight 35. I would add big fuel pump for good measure.

The largest tune without engine work would be Max 20 Header Tune 315HP. Just my 5 cents.
thanks fleecer , i would get 35 degree helix forsure , any idea wich primary n secondary spring to run? im gonna get a tp 911 cover to

Just Not as responsive, when cruising at slow speed and a quick stab of the throttle.
What muffler do you run? From what I have read the 3" drone.

Like anything else it's all about compromise and what you are willing to live with. Some people tried the pm's and went back to sm240 cause of the drone.

What muffler do you run? From what I have read the 3" drone.

Like anything else it's all about compromise and what you are willing to live with. Some people tried the pm's and went back to sm240 cause of the drone.
Hurricane trail performance!

Just Not as responsive, when cruising at slow speed and a quick stab of the throttle.
My srx with Hurricane tuning acts like a 2 stroke. Instant response. I love it.

Yeah I find the same issue. I have the 270 SM tune and find the bottom end sluggish. More
so than stock. I have Dalton QAY70 weights. Thinking about upgrading to a PM tune.

Back