• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

No, boost pressures should be very close. Power will likely come on sooner and harder and if your trying to attain bigger speeds of 125+ i think the pm will help there. The header tune will make same power at lower boost pressure. I believe 270 header pm tune runs around 15psi vs the 17-17.5 of stock manifold.
I would not mine getting the header tune... Just not convinced the cracking is fixed and I believe the sled requires more maintenance. Also gives off way more heat. I hear the header gives 30more hp in the mid range over pm 300 tune on less psi...

To be honest, out of several hundred hurricane headers sold, there has NEVER been a header tube crack. We have however seen a couple of flex joints crack but the reality is that the flex joint still didn’t leak when the bellows cracked due to the internal joint design.
Therefore when we sum up all hurricane high clearance headers ever built, there has never been a failure in the header to create an exhaust leak

Well thats the most important part. The inconvenience of a crack AND leaking can ruin a ride or lead to something worse. Once youve done a header install once or twice it really doesnt take too long to swap out. What scares people away is the possibility of being far from home and having a failure/leak. If under most circumstances that isnt the case with the hurricane header then thats the ticket right there.

To be honest, out of several hundred hurricane headers sold, there has NEVER been a header tube crack. We have however seen a couple of flex joints crack but the reality is that the flex joint still didn’t leak when the bellows cracked due to the internal joint design.
Therefore when we sum up all hurricane high clearance headers ever built, there has never been a failure in the header to create an exhaust leak
Besides that how much of a gain and where are the gains of the header? Is it mid, bottom end?

Header works better with pump gas but around 5 hp more in race gas situation.

Last edited:
300hp ss header tune is only making 17 pounds of boost. The header tunes make more power with less boost.

I don't have a header, and have nothing against anyone that does.. Is the chance of burning up and ruining your sled or worse worth it? For slightly less boost for the power level? Personally I think a bigger intercooler hanging off the front will give a greater reliable gain and hold intake temps way down on long pulls.. Plus it wont break, and its cheaper. I have been following these headers for awhile now and the posts I see about cracks and failures is not that convincing me to jump..

Would like to hear thoughts on which flex is better. Braided, or the factory style?

I don't have a header, and have nothing against anyone that does.. Is the chance of burning up and ruining your sled or worse worth it? For slightly less boost for the power level? Personally I think a bigger intercooler hanging off the front will give a greater reliable gain and hold intake temps way down on long pulls.. Plus it wont break, and its cheaper. I have been following these headers for awhile now and the posts I see about cracks and failures is not that convincing me to jump..
Run both intercooler and header with no issues.
Don't wrap the header.
Really like the corner to corner performance with the Hurricane super spool header, o2 module tunes.
It will lift the front end at will over any trail junk.

Is the flex a different style than the factory one. Mine cracked, I knew it was leaking because I could hear it.

@74Nitro what manufacturer header you running or are you talking about the stock pipe cracking?

So for 91octane users we are still limited to 270hp even with header and pm tunes.

The big intercooler will permit you to run the SAME horsepower longer as it keeps iats in check. IMO the big intercooler hanging off the front says, "Hey look at me, I have a big turbo with 500hp." Then you get smoked by a sled running Powertrail and everyone laughs at you.

A header allows more power with less boost on lower octane, which are the advantages. All things being equal, a sled with a header will outrun a sled without it. The disadvantages are as you state; They are pricy and there is a risk of burnt bellow, possibly sled burning down etc.

@74Nitro what manufacturer header you running or are you talking about the stock pipe cracking?
My stock flex cracked. Half way around on one of the outside rings. I noticed it the day before I was leaving for Quebec. Welded the ring solid and it held for 1200kms.
Looking to maybe fix it with a new flex or braided piece instead of buying new assembly.

Back