• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tuner 3 ski's from a 17 sidewinder on fx nytro

They are different spindles compared to the viper/sidewinder. Height to the Bolt is higher, have heard they won't go on but have not confirmed. I've heard speculation that may be possible with making something different for the rubber pad that sits between the ski and spindle.
Sometime here in the next couple weeks I Am going to try something like that and see if it works with she skis from my dads viper, I'll leave some feedback then if nobody beats me to it

Just a heads up - that ski is quite narrow and keel design is intended for the procross designed chassis not our FX chassis.
Would be fun to see the difference but the sweep the a arms and shock on the procross is night and day different than a nytro - in short the weight settles on the ski different, hence the new Tuner 3.
MS

These are my new Tuner II's with the Bergstrom 3/8" ski savers under their gold triple point (inner) and silver wear bar (outer). The 3/8" ski saver actually extends the keel deeper in effect similar to the Tuner III, but is the wider 150mm ski and Nytro spindle mount. Will post some seat of the pants results but with the rubber bumper reversed and shimmed, should be a decent trail setup which is where I ride most often. From last year's brief riding in 18-24" of fresh snow, I found the Camo 1.6" track on it with some modulated throttle kept me floating fine even on the stock skis (which suck). This Nytro has the Hygear suspension mods and many of the other "fixes" already on it. I found the same for corner entry and exit, leverage the amazing triple we have to keep weight where you want it... used to doing that 10x on my 1998 VMAX XTC redhead I have been riding. People would get on that and complain to high heaven how it lifted skis, dived into corners, pushed etc (ran USI's with modified Woody's Dualies) until they couldn't keep up with me on the trail on their 800's! All about using what the sled has to give... old school. I remember my Dad on his old 1970's Cat or 1980's Exciter, amazing what they could do with 2" of leaf spring! Cant wait to ring out my Nytro this season.

20170920_153516s.jpg 20170920_190112s.jpg 20170920_190147s.jpg 20170920_190207s.jpg 20170920_190316s.jpg Bergstrom Instructions PG1.jpg

Going through old posts, found this one where I didn't post any after results with my new Tuner IIs and the full Bergstrom setup. Simply put, GREAT setup. After reading many ski threads I hoped I did not make a mistake choosing the less expensive path and I didn't. The Bergstrom setup with the keel savers and triple points and shims and reversing the rubbers are amazing on the Tuners. Zero darting, set up toe out as suggested, only 3/8-1/2" as I recall. Regardless of ruts or grooves in or out of the corners I had total confidence I could in, hold my line and rail out of the corner even when others were struggling with mashed potatoes or ice or dual ruts by others. I tried a friends sled with one of the alternatives I was considering and it was sluggish and unpredictable compared to how mine was steering. Could have been worn carbides but I really think Bergstrom figured out the Tuners and am very happy with the combination and result. If you already have Tuners and need carbides but on fence about new skis (or like the Tuner price point) check out the full Bergstrom setup, works great. Bring on the snow!

Back