• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner Ski Information

Finally got to try out the new skis. I have the 4"/2" setup, and it worked great. Very happy with them. In the powder I couldn't tell much of a difference - may be a little better than stock. On anything at least slightly packed, they worked a ton better than the stock skis. No darting, no push, almost no ski lift, turned just as easy as stock, and it went where I wanted it to. Almost like a different sled. VERY happy with these skis. Can't wait to try them on a groomed trail.

Any more ride reports with these skis??

Is there recommendations for picked tracks

I have just the center of the track picked. Looking to get these if i can for this year.....right

Attachments

• IMAG0368-1.jpg
    IMAG0368-1.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 134
birkebeiner said:
Any more ride reports with these skis??

I just got back from a 185 mile ride in the Southern Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming. Pretty much mixed from some powder (although I don't do a lot there because rocks are scary) some rough trail and quite a few miles of groomed smooth trail and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tuner Skis. Now of course my 2012 Nytro XTX is brand new and I replaced the stock skis with the Tuners before I ever rode it, but the thing handled all conditions great. No noticeable darting and even when getting up to high speeds on a straight stretch the sled held perfectly straight. Corning was good and very predictable with little ski lift. I noticed a slight amount of pushing in a few corners, but it was easily corrected. Most of the time it would corner like it was on rails. I am running a 4 in carbide inside and just a standard bar outside. No studs in the track and the track is a 1.25" stock 144" Ripsaw.

Did 130 miles on the new tuners yesterday. All in all they seemed real good. A little push on fresh groomed trails that hadn't set up yet, but real good on harder packed snow. I'm running the 6-0 setup (middle of the road) and think I'll go to the 4-2. 96 studs up the middle.

Dave

Went for a couple hours down a tight rough trail this weekend. I really learned how much of an improvement these skis are after this ride. I was leading and was stopping to wait everyone was so far behind. I was having a blast man-handling the trail while my friends on doos and cats were quotedly "hating life."

My first ride on my new nytro, I'm running the tuner skis with the 6-2 setup and 96 studs. No darting at all and I found the handling very predictable in the corners.

250 miles on Tuner skis trail riding. Running woodys 6 and 4 with no studs. No darting, goes where you steer it. Great improvement for nytro and sled rotates nicely though corners on the gas(when skis are on the snow).

whats everyone running for setup on these skis? Have them and hate them, atleast with the old skis it would go around a corner. hows eveyone set the front strap/spring?

I'm real happy with mine and running 6" square bar on the inside and 4" round bar on the outside both are the 11mm bars, the limeter strap is on the 3rd hole

Just put on 125 miles with my 09 XTX no pics...very nice! Sled goes where you want it, very controlled at high speeds and in trail, running 6"center & 4" outside from Woodys wouldn't change a thing. Had Dualleys on it before this setup is way better. Switched sleds on trail with a 2013 renegade 800etec....my nytro had zero darting up to 90mph his was all over with twitchy steering. I'm keeping my Nytro!

Just did 90 miles one weekend and 40 the next in my stock 09 Nytro XTX with a pretty middle of the road suspension setup and it transformed the sled. My sled with stock skis was so darty that riding over 30-35 MPH was quite scary on trails with groves from other riders.

I used 6" square inside and 4" round outside and it was like a freight train in the straights. A bit too much ski lift and effort required in the twisties, but I was starting to get used to it. I also have a pair of 2" round carbides so I can compare the following combos to see how they do:

Carbide combos
Inside / Out
6 / 4
6 / 2
4 / 2

I just bought a 13 XTX and installed 2-6 which was WAY aggressive. I've ordered the 4" and am installing 2-4 tonight. I'm hoping this will eliminate the high siding caused by the 2-6.

Back