• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner ski modification and machining...will it work?

Don't know what UP snow is ..but we had 16 in of new snow over a base already barely there with dirt and grass in many places before the snow... trail was groomed but not hardened at all yet. You know.. the type when just two sleds go around a corner huge trenches develop.. well I found the Turners on the 16 xtx vector handled fine.. in fact love this machine.. Someone called me a sucker here for buying it but ...I put the 4k or more I saved into my pocket and will get alot more years of trouble free fun then him. I'm far from a sucker or stupid.. i.e. Master Captain,Craftsman,Master Diver.. Different stokes for different folks..
I'm not a Motocross riding style guy at all so maybe that's the difference.. I went to a Yamaha demo once and couldn't keep up the the pack..ha.. better now I guess but still.. the wife and I just cruise along.. while we let everyone pass us..

To each his own.. run what you like. I cant stand the ski, sorry.

No need for sorry...I don't care...I'm happy..and your happy....I have 25000 miles now logged and I'm a big boy...if I was not happy I'd search for a new ski..type...

No need for sorry...I don't care...I'm happy..and your happy....I have 25000 miles now logged and I'm a big boy...if I was not happy I'd search for a new ski..type...

This thread was not about what skis are better or who like tuners and who dont.. I think Terry was looking for some advice from those that would like to make a change to that ski to make them work more to their liking. Basically this thread was directed to those that dont like them. And if you didnt care you wouldnt be posting..LOL

Think you’re wasting your time. Everyone likes different skis. Makes me laugh when people complain that the tuners push In loose snow, then they put pilots on. Pilots push just as bad. Most people here have a 137, the 137 will push more than a 129” will, simple physics.

Tuners have light steering, don’t dart, (they follow other tuners, but pilots will follow pilots too) and just from reading the forums, they seem to work better on the 129 sleds vs the longer tracks. It’s all a compromise on what you want/like.

I see people trail riding with c n a skis all the time too. Every sled I’ve ridden with c and a skis has had crazy heavy steering and they dart like an animal. Sure they handle better, but I would never put those on my sled.

I bet half the people that complain about the tuners haven’t checked their allignment, have blown shocks and have probably never messed with a suspension setting on their sled.

We just rode 35 miles at night chasing a bunch of Polaris 2Strokes through the woods. It was warm the tuners did ok but the temps were warm 24 degrees. I know from riding C&A Pros before they do not push as bad. But since it was warm the tuners were ok. I think skis are very sensitive to the conditions. It's like Goldielocks and the three bears. Too cold to warm. I think C&A XTS crossover skis like I have on my 2001 Cat might be the answer. However they are harder to turn. But I think EPS might be the equalizer!

Back