• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel crack

If you're using BOP shaft saver, KnappAttack posted on how to get it centered and true so shaft spins concentric and doesn't cause tunnel to flex as it turns.

Is this the post you are referring to?
Post in thread 'Serious brake fade or lack of brakes??' https://ty4stroke.com/threads/serious-brake-fade-or-lack-of-brakes.159142/post-1509959
Here it is:

Did you have a BOP driveshaft saver? Travis has a video on YouTube saying that you must not over tighten it because it can cause the rotor to not have free play which can cause tunnel flex.... Just a thought.
I run yhe BOP driveshaft saver but my rotor has always had lots of free play.

I run yhe BOP driveshaft saver but my rotor has always had lots of free play.

Free play of the disc does not dictate wether or not if the bearing tightened down on the shaft crooked. I’d bet with certainty you’ve been running a crooked bearing on the shaft and flexing the tunnel. Nothing else explains the crack you have. Flexing the tunnel with a crooked bearing would explain the cracking you have. When things flex they break, it’s that simple.

You need to make certain the bearing gets nomilized on the shaft to prevent flex. It needs rotated many revolutions as the wedge gets tightened up to prevent a crooked bearing on the shaft and this flexing. I also use a dial indicator to make certain it’s not crooked on the shaft and flexing the tunnel.

Back