• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel ice issues

riley.l

Hi just wondering if anyone out there is having tunnel ice problems? Mine at times cloggs up with ice ,as well my upper idler wheels freeze and rub on the track, I have to beat the ice out to keep the wheels free, I have heard of several machines with blistering tracks and I am wondering if this could be caused by the idler wheels freezing up causing the track to get hot. Dealer says there is no fix. This is clearly caused by a design flaw by putting the exhaust above the track, can't see there being any fix for it . Has anyone had the new recalls done for the updated trans gear, and if so is there much difference in getting this thing in/out of gear, mine is very tough at times ,there is also a recall on the rear susp arms, and tunnel reinforce kit.

Well, I guess there has never been any heat-producing object ever placed above the track, right?

Other brands have placed the heat exchangers above the track for many years with great success.

Yes, some ice builds up from time to time sure, but it's a minor issue. If you take the time to give your tunnel a few taps with the back of an axe in the morning, the ice will drop right out of there. The system has worked for a long time and will continue to work for years to come.

As for the track blistering, I have seen two do this and yes, I would be persuing it as a warranty item if your mileage is still low.

Sure heat exchangers produce heat but not as much as the exhaust system including the muffler which blows HOT exhaust gases down onto the track. As for just cleaning it out in the morning with an axe , you need to do it several times if driving in the powder, the ice around the tunnel not a big deal but when the idler wheels ice up so bad they can't spin can be more of an issue if don't keep it cleaned out. As for being a little tippy in the deep stuff and a real pig to get unstuck, not a bad machine.

Back