• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel mount point & Skid ?

sledheadgeorge

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Which one? I have 6
Can anyone tell me about these mount holes, for the rear skid in the tunnel?

Attachments

• Resized_20200404_195858.jpeg
    Resized_20200404_195858.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 124

Judging by your pic that is a 129 or 137.

Since this tunnel is used in all models the holes are drilled to accommodate all: 129/137/142/153/162

That's very interesting on the lower mount for the arcs. I ride the mountains couple times a year where my son lives and see quite a few skids lowered on the rear skid mount bracket. I've been told by a few who have built custom machines, a lowered skid rear point helps move out the snow better.

That's very interesting on the lower mount for the arcs. I ride the mountains couple times a year where my son lives and see quite a few skids lowered on the rear skid mount bracket. I've been told by a few who have built custom machines, a lowered skid rear point helps move out the snow better.
Makes sense. I am having a hard time keeping up with the changes Cat makes to suspension every year. Need to make time to make a spreadsheet.

Makes sense. I am having a hard time keeping up with the changes Cat makes to suspension every year. Need to make time to make a spreadsheet.
Strange, because Cat for 2020 with the same ARCS front, mounts their 137 skid in the UPPER rear hole . They also still use a smaller diameter upper carrier wheel . Youre right, hard to keep up on this stuff.

Next time your over at T.A., see whats going on. Like you said, hard to keep up on this stuff.

Upper wheels in Cat skid are: 2017 thru 2019 use 3604-901 = 6.38" diameter. 2020 uses 3604-264 = 7.12" diameter.
Thanks for the info. So much for that theory. 2020 Winder looks to be 7.12 also.

Back