• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel wrap

Ringold24

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Yamaha Attak GT
Will this tunnel wrap work on an 07 Attak?
60BE9EDB-8D35-4EE0-9CAA-B29EE8BD81C6.png

I put this on my 12 Apex XTX....the only issues are the bumps from the tunnel rivets....some I couldn't get the wrap to shrink over. Once on snow though, it's not noticeable, and really only if I point it out to people.

That's always been a bit of a deterrent for tunnel wraps on the Apex because of so many rivets. What you could do if you have patience, is make a paper template, mark the rivets, punch the holes with a cheap punch set(for Yamaha rivets, 3/8 is exact, 7/16 is good, and 1/2 inch gives you a little wiggle room), or just use a piece of tubing sharpened at the end. Then transfer that template to your decal or wrap. Apply the wrap gently being careful not to stretch it or your holes will be off.DSC03940.JPGDSC03941.JPG

Rivets are no big deal with the quality of vinyl these days. Apply the wrap or graphic smooth and straight. Work your way from the flat areas to the rivets. Then use a heat gun on low or your wife's expensive hair dryer to warm the vinyl. With the plastic application tool ( plastic Squeegee that usually comes with a self install kit) work your way around the rivet. Press it in good and tight. I then take a good sharp tip on my knife and cut around the rivet. I do this just in case the vinyl puckers around the rivet.

IMG_20160204_173541.jpg

How about the black body panels? Are there any issues with vinyl sticking to them? I contacted a local vinyl wrap shop and they were wondering if the black panels are made of recycled plastic. Apparently vinyl doesn’t adhere well to such plastic. I want to go with a matte black vinyl over everything and add my own Yamaha decals, tuning forks...etc

If you mean the plastic side panels you remove to check the oil and the belt, a wrap sticks like a wrap should, no problem.

Back