• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunners in trash after 40 miles pilots are on

Have pilot’s on myself after 3500 miles with tuners I have DX model. Sled turns well but DARTING on fresh groomed trail especially just after trail has seen light traffic. I have carbides per Rocker Dan’s suggestion. Any suggestions on how to eliminate darting? Toe out is set at 1/8” . This Is my only issue left to sort out and sled will be dialed in 100%.
Toe out to 1/4. Shim back of pilots at least 1/4 inch per RockerDans thread on Pilots.

Yes, hard to believe they work. maybe I will try them on my apex. only gets used on smooth hardpack anyway. I didn't think they darted at all, just no turning regardless of ski pressure. My thought on trackers are they are to help darting and would only make it turn even less than not at all. I only tried curves once. I thought they turn and handle great, but darted a tiny bit compared to a dual keel, but carve better... to me, I think curves would be a good candidate for trackers or they have the leading edge I believe

Yes I have heard that the Curves with round bars allow for a bit of darting.

That is why I installed the Woodys SJ, because I hate darting, it wears on you. Glad to say my Curves have no darting at all, no matter the conditions.

Have been a believer in the Woodys doolys since 2003 on the Yamaha ski. Have put them on all past Yamaha’s, so when Mr. Sled commented on his set up(Curves with Woodys SJ) I knew it would not allow any darting, and the curve ski works well in all snow conditions.

The only downside to SJ or doolys is a bit of push in the corners, and they do take a mph or two away because of how wide and deep they are! But all in all so smoooooooooth.

any dooley set up I ever tried cured alot, but too much drag and push compared to 2 keels for me. but never seen them on curves. the best thing with duellies is ignoring them for seasons at a time

I’m running curves with slim Jim as well. Like them a lot. I never bothered trying the timers but I have two buddies with winders and they both are running the stock tuners with no issues. They have no dislike for them

I think you mean you put pilots on????? I have gen 1 simmons on my nytro and like them better than pilots in loose snow, but my wife rides the winder a lot and I believe pilots are more forgiving on hard snow where precisions or gen 1s are little harder on arms. put precisions on my buddies 12 f8 last week. first good handling ride I ever had on it. he rode it 8000 miles with the violent, exhausting stock cat skis. Anybody that takes snowmobiling seriously shouldn't be afraid of buying skis. best and first mod that should be done when needed. what a waste of a machine my winder was with those tuners. unrideable.....
Yes pilots on. Dummy me!

That's something I wouldn't admit to......

1) couldn't keep up with the wife.
2) she rides a Polaris.
My wife rode dirt bikes when she was young and loves her lightweight pro r. She can keep up with almost anyone. That is why I married her. Lol !!

Back