• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Dynamics GP1800.. can u imagine?

Need more then that..LOL

I'll keep looking for you. :) I suppose you want the complete engine with everything on it. That block looks pretty big for a sled though.

Look at the winner of this race. And who’s sticker is on the back of the ski.

I actully built a ski very similar to Klippers ski a few years ago and still operate it. Its the R&D Performance T-1 turbo in a 2014 FX SVHO. I've even tested the ecu out of that exact ski on mine and its the R&D turbo flash and works well. I had mine flashed a little more aggressive than he had his done as I'm not taping mine from full tank to empty tank so my timing and boost levels are a little higher but still safe for pump gas. Klippers ecu had a limiter of 8500 and boost levels in the 11-12lbs for offshore racing. My ski ran a solid 78-80 mph on gps with it. I had Bill set mine to 9000 limit and I run 15-16lbs on pump with an occasional 18-20lb pass and afrs are still safe with stock pump and injectors with a solid 83-85 mph on gps. As far as cramming it into a sled chassis, its a fairly large and heavy block. Its a 1.8l 4 cyclinder flat plane cranked engine thats supercharged from the factory but the sprag clutch in them fail quite often on higher boost applications so the turbo is the way to go for longevity especially if you ride it hard or race it. As far TD's ski, right now they are playing with bolt on parts from other companies and using maptuner programs in the ecu so they haven't officially done anything of their own on it. Getting their feet wet so to speak in the pwc world but I would imagine they will have some tunes of their own in the future. It sounds enticing to try and make it work in a sled but it would be a huge pain in the #*$&@ and a heavy #*$&@ sled. If I had to guess, I would say that engine would be around 350lbs with the manifolds on it. You may save a little weight with a single jacketed manifold on the exhaust but you would have to figure out cooling as the engine is designed to push water into the exhaust manifold and down the pipe as they are doubled jacketed and an open loop system meant to bring in water through the pump, circulate and discharge it back into the water supply. I would stick with the stock 998 block they made for the sidewinders and put forged internals in it and boost it up. Hopefully the head doesnt crack like the watercraft engines over 20lbs.

I actully built a ski very similar to Klippers ski a few years ago and still operate it. Its the R&D Performance T-1 turbo in a 2014 FX SVHO. I've even tested the ecu out of that exact ski on mine and its the R&D turbo flash and works well. I had mine flashed a little more aggressive than he had his done as I'm not taping mine from full tank to empty tank so my timing and boost levels are a little higher but still safe for pump gas. Klippers ecu had a limiter of 8500 and boost levels in the 11-12lbs for offshore racing. My ski ran a solid 78-80 mph on gps with it. I had Bill set mine to 9000 limit and I run 15-16lbs on pump with an occasional 18-20lb pass and afrs are still safe with stock pump and injectors with a solid 83-85 mph on gps. As far as cramming it into a sled chassis, its a fairly large and heavy block. Its a 1.8l 4 cyclinder flat plane cranked engine thats supercharged from the factory but the sprag clutch in them fail quite often on higher boost applications so the turbo is the way to go for longevity especially if you ride it hard or race it. As far TD's ski, right now they are playing with bolt on parts from other companies and using maptuner programs in the ecu so they haven't officially done anything of their own on it. Getting their feet wet so to speak in the pwc world but I would imagine they will have some tunes of their own in the future. It sounds enticing to try and make it work in a sled but it would be a huge pain in the #*$&@ and a heavy #*$&@ sled. If I had to guess, I would say that engine would be around 350lbs with the manifolds on it. You may save a little weight with a single jacketed manifold on the exhaust but you would have to figure out cooling as the engine is designed to push water into the exhaust manifold and down the pipe as they are doubled jacketed and an open loop system meant to bring in water through the pump, circulate and discharge it back into the water supply. I would stick with the stock 998 block they made for the sidewinders and put forged internals in it and boost it up. Hopefully the head doesnt crack like the watercraft engines over 20lbs.

Sounds like a wild ride. I might have to buy a gp1800 next season, I almost did this season. But no chance that engine will fit into a sled.

Back