• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo installation progress pics

I added extra tunnel protection

tunnel.JPG

I finished last night around 12:00 when I started up the sled it was smoking quite a bit from the by the exhaust which is normal when you wrap the exhaust .
I took it for a couple short runs and its started to smoke pretty and the heavy it was coming out of the hood vents. I was starting to get a little concerned so I pulled it back into the garage and was horrified to see 6 in. tall flames coming from around the turbo.
well it turns out that in I had a small and I mean small oil leaked coming from the banjo fitting on the drain line from the turbo and it was dripping on the header. here is a pic right after I put the flames out.

fire.JPG

Throttle responce

If you lower your compression ratio you will loose Throttle responce and make less HP on higher boost. You will be able to run more boost on less octain fuel.

LOOKS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Must have been scary to see that fire!!! :(

Thats alot of money to have go up in smoke!

RX-Warrior, pretty nice job! Notice we shinned her up a little. If you don't blind them with speed you will when they come over to see what just kicked their a$$ and you open that hood. Did you anodize the controller or is that candy paint? Looks REALLY GOOD nice job.

Drivers

Which brand of anti-rachet drivers are those and where did you get them?

I think he used Dupli-Color Metalcast paint.

Other than the head gasket install and the polishing, how long did the install take you?

Back