• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Nytro help!

Custom_Nytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Turbo Nytro
Ok so I just picked up a custom 2010 Turbo Nytro, 270 HP turbo, turbo smart wastegate and boost controller, msd auxiliary fuel pump, boondocker fuel control. Shimmed so it runs on 91 pump fuel.

My question is, how do I use it lol. I have no clue what the boost controller is set too, if I turn the boost controller up, do I have to fix the tune? This is my first turbo sled so please be nice, I just have no clue what it all is, I understand how it works, just don't know how to use it together. Tyia

The first thing you need to do is use the search function on the site and look up problems and everything about turbo nytros for about a month. Then google boondocker turbo install instructions and you will know how it was installed. And what you will need to do to fix it when things go wrong. Buying a used turbo sled can be sketchy. They are a good sled super powerful and heavy all in one. Once you’ve done some research You will be better equipped if it starts running rough out there in the bush.

The first thing you need to do is use the search function on the site and look up problems and everything about turbo nytros for about a month. Then google boondocker turbo install instructions and you will know how it was installed. And what you will need to do to fix it when things go wrong. Buying a used turbo sled can be sketchy. They are a good sled super powerful and heavy all in one. Once you’ve done some research You will be better equipped if it starts running rough out there in the bush.

Yes thank you, I just didn't know about the tuning lol, the sled only has 589 original miles!

Ok so I just picked up a custom 2010 Turbo Nytro, 270 HP turbo, turbo smart wastegate and boost controller, msd auxiliary fuel pump, boondocker fuel control. Shimmed so it runs on 91 pump fuel.

My question is, how do I use it lol. I have no clue what the boost controller is set too, if I turn the boost controller up, do I have to fix the tune? This is my first turbo sled so please be nice, I just have no clue what it all is, I understand how it works, just don't know how to use it together. Tyia

It could be a real pain if you dont understand how it works.. you could have a pile of parts if set up wrong. Does it have gauges?

Gauges are a must. Boondocker nytros were know for producing lots of Underhood heat And melting stuff. Also the controller Is not great might be worth a upgrade down the road. But once snow flies give it a go watch the afr gauge it will tell you how it’s running.

It could be a real pain if you dont understand how it works.. you could have a pile of parts if set up wrong. Does it have gauges?

It has the factory gauge, and the AFR doesn't have power for some reason, but I am going to hook it back up

Gauges are a must. Boondocker nytros were know for producing lots of Underhood heat And melting stuff. Also the controller Is not great might be worth a upgrade down the road. But once snow flies give it a go watch the afr gauge it will tell you how it’s running.

Ok, what would be an upgrade "tuner" down the road?

Not many people have the boom docker kits as they had issues. Most people upgraded them to boost it controller with extra injectors. That is what I run. But they are out of business. I’m not sure on which way to send you for a controller as you really should have the extra injectors in the inter cooler to run at 270 hp. Not sure if the power commander Pti would supply enough fuel might be a big lag. Really I would try it out first and go from there. And see if you can find a install manual and instructions on controller.

Not many people have the boom docker kits as they had issues. Most people upgraded them to boost it controller with extra injectors. That is what I run. But they are out of business. I’m not sure on which way to send you for a controller as you really should have the extra injectors in the inter cooler to run at 270 hp. Not sure if the power commander Pti would supply enough fuel might be a big lag. Really I would try it out first and go from there. And see if you can find a install manual and instructions on controller.

When I upgraded my old apex boondocker kit to their ada box they mistakenly sent me a nitro harness that was set up run extra injectors so maybe they still have something that would work for ya.

Send a pic of the injectors on the intercooler. I believe this is a very close to what I have. If so I have some PCV maps for the power commander that should get you close.

Back