• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Smart Bov testing

21GT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Ltx-gt
Has anyone tried pulling Vacuum at the small Line fitting on the top of the valve? Mine will pull 23 in lbs of vacuum and slowly drop off. I compared it to the stock one and it pulls the same but never moves off 23 in lbs. I checked and oiled the o rings at the fitting and cap with no change. Just curious if this is normal with the turbo smart?

Has anyone tried pulling Vacuum at the small Line fitting on the top of the valve? Mine will pull 23 in lbs of vacuum and slowly drop off. I compared it to the stock one and it pulls the same but never moves off 23 in lbs. I checked and oiled the o rings at the fitting and cap with no change. Just curious if this is normal with the turbo smart?
This is normal for this BOV, the Turbosmart Kompact BOV has a inherent engineering flaw and will always leak a little from the top overpressure assist , there is no seal/ring on the upper portion of the piston valve so it leaks downward along the inner body of the assembly , the bottom of the valve has a O ring and seats and seals correctly, the leak is minimal which won't cause any performance issue , just a engineering oversight.( partial remedy is to disassemble and coat the piston valve and inner body with a tacky lithium grease ,this will minimize the leak ).
Cheers

This is normal for this BOV, the Turbosmart Kompact BOV has a inherent engineering flaw and will always leak a little from the top overpressure assist , there is no seal/ring on the upper portion of the piston valve so it leaks downward along the inner body of the assembly , the bottom of the valve has a O ring and seats and seals correctly, the leak is minimal which won't cause any performance issue , just a engineering oversight.( partial remedy is to disassemble and coat the piston valve and inner body with a tacky lithium grease ,this will minimize the leak ).
Cheers
Ok thats what I kinda thought when I saw there was no Oring sealing the piston itself. The instructions say to only use sewing machine oil or Hydraulic fluid on the piston no grease or engine oil. I have some good lithium grease but should I just leave it be if it's not going to effect the engine drivabilty or does everyone lube them before install?

Ok thats what I kinda thought when I saw there was no Oring sealing the piston itself. The instructions say to only use sewing machine oil or Hydraulic fluid on the piston no grease or engine oil. I have some good lithium grease but should I just leave it be if it's not going to effect the engine drivabilty or does everyone lube them before install?
It's your call, if you're bothered with the minimal leak..... Coat it... If not.... Just leave it.... It will not affect your performance..... ( I'm OCD.... So I coated it..)

Back