• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Viper cranks but wont start

skidoo433

Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 viper XTX, 15 Viper MTX Turbo, 11 nytro xtx turbo, 13 nytro RTX, 15 Poo IQR
Hey guys i have an 2015 viper with an MPI turbo on it. The issue i have been having is lately the sled on first initial start up is taking quite a while to fire up. It will crank fast but takes while. After it fires up and you shut it off and start it again, no problems. Cranks and fires like a Yamaha should. Went out today and went to start it and it will not go. The tail light goes on and everything like that, but now it won't start. Any idea where i can start? Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!

fuel pump is cycling?

have you been running it up to operating temp every start? if not, spark plugs are fouled.

Yes and it just started. It seems fine now but i let it warm up good and long and shut it off. Im going to try it tomorrow and see what happens. I didnt need to hit the throttle so im assuming its not the TPS? We will see. Have any of you had this issue? Its only the first start of the day.

Maim,
the last 4 or 5 starts have been to 150* or more

It may have the newest flash in it. If so first start of day crank to maybe a 5 count then stop and try again. Otherwise I suspect tune needs tuning. Do you have a AFR?

When you shut it off, check the gems to ensure it also shuts off. There is something goofy with the ECU in that sometimes it doesn’t completely power down. If it doesn’t power down, the gems stays on. When you go to start it, it will crank and the fuel pump will cycle. But it just won’t fire until you reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative battery cable. My sled does this a couple times every year. And there is no know solution to it.

When you shut it off, check the gems to ensure it also shuts off. There is something goofy with the ECU in that sometimes it doesn’t completely power down. If it doesn’t power down, the gems stays on. When you go to start it, it will crank and the fuel pump will cycle. But it just won’t fire until you reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative battery cable. My sled does this a couple times every year. And there is no know solution to it.
Oh there is a solution. Yamaha/Mitsu ECU and wiring!

Hey guys i have an 2015 viper with an MPI turbo on it. The issue i have been having is lately the sled on first initial start up is taking quite a while to fire up. It will crank fast but takes while. After it fires up and you shut it off and start it again, no problems. Cranks and fires like a Yamaha should. Went out today and went to start it and it will not go. The tail light goes on and everything like that, but now it won't start. Any idea where i can start? Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
I have the same issue with my 15 turbo, as i have the latest flash, not always but first attempt usually no start or long crank, when warm fire's right up, never had that issue with my original ecu which I traded for a evo flashed unit

I have the same issue with my 15 turbo, as i have the latest flash, not always but first attempt usually no start or long crank, when warm fire's right up, never had that issue with my original ecu which I traded for a evo flashed unit
Isnt the Evo flash 14 based? Am I misunderstanding?

Isnt the Evo flash 14 based? Am I misunderstanding?
Yes, slight misunderstanding, i sold/traded my evo ecu for a clean ecu for turbo, got a 14 ltx ecu, but had to get newest flash cause it had the previous yamaha flash, speedo was reading 10 mph slower than gps speed.

Yes, slight misunderstanding, i sold/traded my evo ecu for a clean ecu for turbo, got a 14 ltx ecu, but had to get newest flash cause it had the previous yamaha flash, speedo was reading 10 mph slower than gps speed.
Thats what I thought. That sucks. I still believe the latest flash also changed tune especially midrange right at cruising speed mine was lean. Be careful with the Turbo or maybe just get it flashed at Evo again.

Back