• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo viper - oil splashing underhood...

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 RTX LE- Hurricane Turbo
I have about 300 miles on my turbo rtx- first 250 mikes I never noticed any pill leaks ... Then it went to dealer for some warantee work, got a oil change and now when I hit boost I have oil spraying up from somewhere under the good, quite a but to, it doesn't leak enough to make te lol level go down and the dealer said this is "normal" doesn't seem normal to me tho, all I see is oil leaking out from the panels when i stop. Anyone else have this happening ? I have the hurricane turbo 190 kit

Thanks mike

Where's your oil vent line routed to? Sounds like it's maybe overfilled? (Sight glass or dipstick?) Or is the line frozen not allowing it to breath?

My Nytro will blow oil out of the vent if it's overfilled. I try to run it in the middle or low side of the dipstick.

Ok thanks the lol is right at the top, maybe I'll try removing a bit, it was slightly overfilled but i was out at the cabin and had no way to really do anything about it. Cause it never slashed around before I had the oil change done - I usually do my own but got him to do the first one.... It's a dipstick on mine.

As for the breather I'm
Not totally sure hve to get it in the shop and take a look at it

Ok, I know with the dipstick it gets more oil. So if it's slightly over it would be way over on the glass..

With a turbocharger the drain line sizing and routing is very critical. When under boost conditions not only is there oil in the line, but also a lot of air/exhaust gasses. This is why the drains are so much larger than the feeds and often made of rigid tube. The drain needs to evacuate freely without belly's, traps, or restrictions or it will build pressure and can make a mess.

I have not heard of this issue with any of the other hurricane kits but could have disturbed something during oil change you really need to get panels off and try to locate source to find a solution.

It's leaking from the exhaust side, definitly not the oil return line , it's up near where the air box would be ... Everything's looks good, I took some oil out and went for a 40 mile ride didn't seem to leak anymore but hard to tell cause everything is covered in oil anyway. It's hard to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. It's not tht tonns of oil was coming out- a little goes a long way and with a white machine it looks like #*$&@ ... I got it in my shop now I'll take a better look-

Dealer said something a out it being a treatin line that would
Go to the air box and since there is no air box this is normal- I find this are to Beleive and with it being 100 km to the dealer I'm tired of wasting my time going there for him
To have it a week and do nothing again....

300 miles on mine no leaks

If on her side oil will come out of line that did go to air box and make messs also my buddy had his 7000 serviced and a pool of oil was left in bottom caught in the skid plate you could see it .

I'm thinking I had to much oil in it , ... But I need to clean it up and get out for another ride

And the dealer said it's coming outta the crankcase vent - either way tho the whole engine shouldn't be shiny from oil lol

i have over 1000 mi on the hurricane kit it is solid. i would bet it is the crankcase vent. my buddies non turbo nytro did this early this year right after he changed the oil. over full and it was coming out the air box. but for you it would come out the vent line. drained some oil (.5 qt) and now it is good.

Back