• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Giveaway Ride Munising 2019 Pictures & Video

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
TY Giveaway Ride Munising 2019
Pictures:

https://totallyamaha.com/Totallyamaha/photoindexs/TYGiveAwayRide19/TYGiveAwayRide19.htm

YouTube Video: Set YouTube to HD 1080p

What a awesome time we had!! THANK YOU!!
Please make sure that everyone thanks the sponsors who are always there for us every year for this event. Yamaha Snowmobiles, Yamalube USA, Yamaha Power Equipment, Pat's Motorsports, Castle X, Thunder Products Clutching, Inc., Barnofparts.com, Evolution Powersports, TA Motorsports Inc., Boarders Inn & Suites of Munising, MI, RoczToyz, CrankyApe.com, Hurricane Racing Products, Dalton Industries, PORT YAMAHA, Ulmer Racing, Biteharder, Excell Motorsports, Dranttel Sales and Service, HyGear Suspensions, Lake Effect Snow, CURVE INDUSTRIES-, Shock Doc , MTNViper - Rollover , SnowMoYard, GRIP On Tools, Brite Lites, Sandale Exhausts, Tobe Outerwear. Also thank you goes out to yamawheels (Jim Zomchek), Tanner Zombos kid and Zombo (Joe Zomchek) for their Totallyamaha sign donation as well as donations from businesses who are not vendors on the site.

Thanks to those that helped out at the Giveaway: Onlyblue (Todd Kendrick), Frank the Tank (Stephanie Grawey), Gina (Gina Silvers), Gravedigger (Brian Graves), Funsizegravedigger (Michelle Graves), care_bear (Meaghan), Turtle (Jason Marcott), Muffin (Scott Marcott).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom, Was nice meeting and talking with you friday evening over beverages. Dont forget to keep an eye on that small coolant hose by the front heat exchanger.

Tom, Was nice meeting and talking with you friday evening over beverages. Dont forget to keep an eye on that small coolant hose by the front heat exchanger.

It was really great talking to you as well. I will check that out this week. After Fridays run my SW must have finally blew the seal out on the oil tank, oil was on the running boards and sprayed up under the tank.... that sure is a #*$&@ design.

It was really great talking to you as well. I will check that out this week. After Fridays run my SW must have finally blew the seal out on the oil tank, oil was on the running boards and sprayed up under the tank.... that sure is a #*$&@ design.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. At least you know the source. I keep smelling oil when we stop and cant figure out where its coming from. Oil level not changing. Barn of parts has the bose covers I told you about. Easy to volt on and after 3500 miles they havent budged.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. At least you know the source. I keep smelling oil when we stop and cant figure out where its coming from. Oil level not changing. Barn of parts has the bose covers I told you about. Easy to volt on and after 3500 miles they havent budged.

I will have to get some of those for sure. With this cat dna, you get use to problems..LOL

Hey Tom, Kevin and I met and talked to you last Friday in the 1/2 Pint. Just wanted to let you know how we appreciate the time and effort you put in to make Totallyamaha work. A lot of good info is shared and I'm sure between the website and the rides you organize you keep pretty busy. I plan and organize all the trips for our group Darkside Adventures so I know what it's like to get everyone together on the same page. I know we talked about my issue with drive axles and I may have cured mine, getting it home and looking good since I redid it 2,000 miles ago. I understand your oil tank is leaking, maybe my next project to figure a cure for this. I had the drive axle, the coolant hose in the tunnel, and the tunnel strengthener items to address, now the oil tank before mine starts leaking. Oh well, there's always something to do to make em bullet proof. Any way have a good finish to your season and hope to run into you again. Craig

Hey Tom, Kevin and I met and talked to you last Friday in the 1/2 Pint. Just wanted to let you know how we appreciate the time and effort you put in to make Totallyamaha work. A lot of good info is shared and I'm sure between the website and the rides you organize you keep pretty busy. I plan and organize all the trips for our group Darkside Adventures so I know what it's like to get everyone together on the same page. I know we talked about my issue with drive axles and I may have cured mine, getting it home and looking good since I redid it 2,000 miles ago. I understand your oil tank is leaking, maybe my next project to figure a cure for this. I had the drive axle, the coolant hose in the tunnel, and the tunnel strengthener items to address, now the oil tank before mine starts leaking. Oh well, there's always something to do to make em bullet proof. Any way have a good finish to your season and hope to run into you again. Craig

Thank you. I really appreciate the nice words. I think the problem with the oil tank is the rollover freezes and then the crankcase pressure blows out the tank seal. Remove the rollover would be the easiest fix but there has to be a better way to release tank pressure if the rollover freezes like maybe a pressure relief tapped into the tank or fill cap. Still giving it some thought. What was your final fix on the drive shaft to stop the inner race from spinning? I just removed mine and it was trashed, I tapped and put in a set screw to try and lock the race.

I turned down the drive shaft where it rides in the bearing, welded it back up with some hard rod, then turned that down to .0001 undersize of bearing. Install with a bit of bearing mount lock tight. Now I have a hard surface against a hard bearing instead of a sorter shaft against a hard bearing. I also mocked up a flat plate puller to get it apart when it's time for a new bearing. I was concerned with a set screw holding against the hard bearing. On your oil tank I was wondering about pressure in the tank. Sounds like the rollover valve is the problem for sure, will have to work that angle.

I turned down the drive shaft where it rides in the bearing, welded it back up with some hard rod, then turned that down to .0001 undersize of bearing. Install with a bit of bearing mount lock tight. Now I have a hard surface against a hard bearing instead of a sorter shaft against a hard bearing. I also mocked up a flat plate puller to get it apart when it's time for a new bearing. I was concerned with a set screw holding against the hard bearing. On your oil tank I was wondering about pressure in the tank. Sounds like the rollover valve is the problem for sure, will have to work that angle.

We will see how it works on my end as well. Im going to do some presser testing and see if I can add a relief some how to that tank. Keep me posted if you make any changes.

Back