• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Manitoba Ride 2013 is a go thanks to wpgwarrior.

ride

worth the weekend ??? who would be interested ?? maybe lac du bonnet up to bird lake.??leave from drifters , nosh at nopiming lodge . spuce woods is good to,glenborro hotel , kurts schnitzel house in wawanessa for supper. :-o i know , i know ...every-body do the snow dance.just seeing if there is any interest . chime in please

ride

is the trail from rice creek to nutimik open this year ?. sorry i dont know the highways or trail names.every thing is negotiable !! how many people do we need to commit before we make it official ?? by the way . nice greenbacks on the river today , maybe one or two more days on the water,then rifle and let it snow!! :-o

What dates are you guys thinking?
I checked and for me a 7.5 or 10 hr drive from cabin or house in MN respectivly.
I have only ridden the Canadian trail system only once and it was GREAT. One stretch of nearly two mid week days we went 575 miles with out seeing another sled or person except the gas guys, Moose, Lynx, Coyote and Porcupine. Durring the week of the Canadian hosted Winter Olympics.

Anyway fond memories of great trails and may join you again. Heck they are giving diesel and vacation days away right?

...Need to see how many want too ride

...how many days riding, mid week to weekend

...from what staging area

...Set up hotel for number of riders

...different ride each day

...check on groomer from different clubs as too when they groom

...LOTS TO DO prior to ride, so need to know if there are enough interested to do or not.

.....Gotta talk to Andy and see if he is still interested in setting this up
:flag:

ride

what about a one-day thing ??? hard for me and i am sure others to commit to a full weekend . for people coming in from farther -friday at drifters ,stay there and stage in the morning for whatever loop we think is best .. saturday night to meet and greet .is this central enough for most ?? any other ideas ?? i am interested in organizing if it could be kept simple and fun . does it have to be a ton of miles ? or are more people into the b.s. sessions ?? funny how most of our rides are centered around where we will be at lunch time !! i am sure it goes without saying that we are not exclusive , since there are all brands in my group and i am sure they will look for any excuse to ride and trade barbs. ;)! just floating ideas here, trying to get a feel since i have never been on a ty ride . is friday the better night to meet and greet and let every-body make their own way after the saturday ride ??(in-case people cant do whole weekend) like to see this work , even if on a small scale as a way of starting an annual thing if the interest and interesting characters are there. :rocks:

Never been on a TY ride but from what I have read on this site it would be worth the try. FYI I picked up a tank full of water and sand at the only place to purchase fuel in Bird Lake, Cost me $$$$ to get up and running again. cost my 2 smoke friends their moters, so I not excited to return there. Other than that, count me in.

RIDE

roz , sorry to here that , but how about those big bird burgers ....come-on , thats worth the risk... ;)!
whats a glen howard griz?? tag like griz maybe no-ones interested in seeing you in a hottub :flag:
lets get thru hunting season before we try to nail down a date....unless some-one else calls it..

Back