• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Typical typical typical. Say no to the Doo!

Phazer500

Extreme
So here we are on a lovely saturday afternoon, and the trusty ol' Ski Doo 670 S chassis bogs down. uh oh. We open er up and look and can't seem to find anything. Start it up and its knocking and rocking like a madman. Running on only one cylinder. She's hatched. So thank god we had a Phazer cause we were a few miles from a road. So I took out my towstrap/tie-down and hitched her up to the RTX! And towed it all the way to the road with ease. In the group was a Ski Doo 800R renegade, RUSH, a 2003 Rev 440, and me, the 2009 Phazer RTX. Outta them all we made the right choice and had me tow it. Might as well get used to it. Here's us getting ready to tow 'er back.

towing.jpg

Notice the guy with the helmet on top of his head, that's his Doo. Doesn't look too happy. :4STroke:

One thing I dont think ever discussed here is how well even the little Phazer 4st pulls other sleds!Isnt it effortless?A buddy insists on riding a old Exciter which has got to have the shortest range fuel wise of any sled ever.I pulled him 20mi once to gas.Could hardly notice it behind me.Poor guy had cornstalks and brush all over right side since rope was on his left ski and I forgot about him back there.His 98 AC eats stators for lunch and that one towed easy also_Once I stuck my truck and trailer in 3ft of snow after going a little off the road.Drove Phazer off trailer,unhooked trailer and attached rope to trailer and sled and phazer had no trouble pulling it out of snow which was over the bed.Truck was able to get out without trailer on. :4STroke:

Reading this i'll be the next one to step up and tow the next break down!! Be good to know when the guys/gals say "that 500's not gonna pull anything" and away we go!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the little Phuzzer but never say never. I had to tow my Phazer 20 miles to a road with of all things, my Polaris Ultra a few weeks back. The dealer found a frayed wire shorting out under the airbox that would pop the 20 amp ignition fuse as soon as I replaced it. Now that it's fixed, I hope the new sled gremlins are all worked out.

I'm glad to hear it tows well as I've been meaning to mount a hitch on the rear bumper to pull a cutter style sleigh.

Well no sleds invincible just some are a little more reliable and the 4 strokes have that one for sure. this coming from a lifetime Ski-Doo owner and re-builder it comes with the ownership lol/

Ultrafrozen said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the little Phuzzer but never say never. I had to tow my Phazer 20 miles to a road with of all things, my Polaris Ultra a few weeks back. The dealer found a frayed wire shorting out under the airbox that would pop the 20 amp ignition fuse as soon as I replaced it. Now that it's fixed, I hope the new sled gremlins are all worked out.

I'm glad to hear it tows well as I've been meaning to mount a hitch on the rear bumper to pull a cutter style sleigh.
hey,andre,did you get those rivets changed for the airbox screen,if not,make sure you do,that could be disastrous if they fly off,by the way,my phazer turned 18 000 km yesterday,still going strong,never put a drop of oil except for maintenance,not bad

It helps to tow a sled if you put a crazy carpet under the track. When I was younger, my dad used to always take them on trips to make it easier to tow people when they break down. Never could figure out where they always disappeared to, only realized after I got my licence and went on a trip with him.

The phazer also TOWS nice too. My Rancher 420 didn't have too much of a problem pulling a mile through 1' of snow when the motor popped!

Back