• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

U.P.Coast to Coast Ride on a Yamaha in a Day

johnboy

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 SR Viper LTX DX
Last summer I took my boat a 26 ft G-3 SunCatcher Tri-toon powered by a 4-stroke Yamaha 250 SHO on a coast to coast ride in one day touching three Great Lakes. Yamaha is the parent company of G-3. We started in Lake Michigan west of St. Ignace, went under the Mackinac Bridge into Lake Huron, stopped at Mackinac Island then over to Detour up the St. Mary's River thru the Soo Locks into Lake Superior and back in a day. I thought it would be cool to do something like that on my sled so yesterday I did a coast to coast ride on my sled.

I started at 7am at -11 degrees in front of my house by riding a mile on Lake Michigan in Manistique, I then hit the trails and worked my way over to St. Ignace, via Curtis and Trout Lake. I got onto Lake Michigan again near the Mackinac Bridge and drove under it onto Lake Huron. I then crossed the ice bridge from St. Ignace to Mackinac Island and had a coffee break. I then made my way back to St. Ignace and headed to Paradise via Trout Lake and Hulbert Trails. Had lunch there. I then headed up to the tip of Whitefish Point on the Southern shore of Lake Superior and rode about a mile or so heading west on the rough shore line. I then made my way to Grand Marais, Seney, Melstrand, Shingleton, Munising, and then onto Grand Island in Lake Superior. I then headed down to the Buckhorn south of Munising for dinner. After dinner I continued back to home in Manistique and finished off by riding a mile or so on Lake Michigan. The trails were outstanding and in the best condition they have been in all year by far. In about 395 miles I literally only hit a few miles of semi rough, the rest were as smooth as a highway. All in all it was a great day of riding. That is probably the most I have ever ridden in one day and I was not sore or tired one bit. That Viper is one comfortable sled. For those coming up for the last TY ride of the year in Munising, the trails are great!

Last edited:

Back