• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

U.P. Michigan

ishpeming fan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 ZR RR 8000
What are the weather conditions up in the U.P. ? Did you guys get any snow on Dec 12th or sun the 13th? Is there frost in the ground yet? Just checking in to see what the status is in gods country. Nothing winter like going on in S.E. Wisconsin thats for sure!

Was wondering the same. We usually go up to the eastern U.P. in between Christmas and New Years but doesn't look good this year.

Eastern part of UP got 3 to 4 inches and the ground has a good start of frost. If it doesn't get warm and snows more....we are looking at a good start. Everything is white though!

Another update....12/16/20 Lake effect snow coming down now and can say a good 8 inches fell this morning so far. Hopefully the snowmobile club opens the trails and starts panning.

Maybe a trip to the U.P. between Christmas and New Years might be in the cards after all. Thanks for the update. ;)!

Check out the John Dee web cams, UP is finally getting a start. That week is too busy for me to be with all those wild riders, always go the week after and trails are nice and quiet. NE lower has a foot so far, hopefully winter is here to stay.

Check out the John Dee web cams, UP is finally getting a start. That week is too busy for me to be with all those wild riders, always go the week after and trails are nice and quiet. NE lower has a foot so far, hopefully winter is here to stay.
X2 John Dee has a camera network that lets you look right at the trails and judge the snow .

That week is too busy for me to be with all those wild riders, always go the week after and trails are nice and quiet. NE lower has a foot so far, hopefully winter is here to stay.

I guess it comes down to where you ride as we have been going up to Curtis for at least the last 15 years and never thought the trails were busy that time of year; although I'm sure any given week you will find a wild rider or two or more on the trails.

X2 John Dee has a camera network that lets you look right at the trails and judge the snow .

Yes, I'm aware of and check JD's website daily but it's always nice to hear from locals as the trail cams don't always give you the full report.

Agree when snow is ‘marginal’ more info is better.
As we all know there is SNOW and there is SNOW——meaning I have been there when a 8-12in of Lake effect did not add 2 inches to the trail base and other snows, here in MN and UP were 3-6 was dense and made a significant change in the trail base. I think UP gets both.

Are you guys riding yet anywhere in the U.P.? It is X MAS eve and we have had 0 snow so far in Kenosha WI. Thanks 2020.

Am curious too as it's not looking good to be able to ride between Christmas and New Year's up there. Without a base, not sure the LES JohnDee is forecasting next week will change things or not.

Back