• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ugly....

Maximum altitude of 60 ft and goes about 600mph.Here is one in our favorite color.Yamaha blue!

Attachments

• Nightfalcon.JPG
    Nightfalcon.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 87
I think they actually look much more like a sled than the Nytro's and Phazers do, talking about fugly. IMHO they look like a quad, dirt bike, and a sled had a 3 way. I shouldn't complain, everything changes, I guess for the better.
;)!

You won't complain about the looks the first time you think your going to die from a nasty surprise in the trail and the sled just goes "CHOMP - more please!"

Indy said:
I think they actually look much more like a sled than the Nytro's and Phazers do, talking about fugly. IMHO they look like a quad, dirt bike, and a sled had a 3 way. I shouldn't complain, everything changes, I guess for the better.
;)!

Hahaha, perfect description! I always thought that the nytro and phazer looked familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it. You nailed it.

I suppose it will just take a little time to get used to just as rider forward did.

grubf said:
piersol said:
I definitely plan on at least trying one out. But I agree, once you see something that you don't like it sticks out like a sore thumb.
You will only have to drive north about 80 miles to Hallock to try one out. I booked an LTX. You would certainly be welcome to take a peek when it gets here.
When and where in Hallock?Thanks

Grab a broom stick in the middle with both hands about 12 inches apart, have someone try to move one of the ends. Now move your arms 36-48 inches apart, have the persone try to move the end. That's essentially what's happening at the base of your ski at the spindle.

Trust me the front end on these (including the steering) is far superior to the Nytro. Not saying stronger, as that's not a function of handling, although I would say they are at least equal in that department.

gsxr said:
I can't understand why the arms are so prominant ,such tall spindles if it works so well why don't all Formula 1 cars look as goofy?

Cause Formula 1 cars are a $100,000+, and the Viper is $12,000. Probably a lot more technology in the suspensions, with ZERO bump steer.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the look of this Viper. if u want to talk ugly look no farther that the 4 stroke Phazer. that thing is homley!
Saw the new VIPER xtx today (display only for us, no demo!!) nice sled. sounds awesome, looks great from 5 feet. fit n finish is definitely not up to Yamaha standards, but I guess this is a prototype sled.

I think it look killer too. You wanna talk about ugly, anyone remember the old arctic cat prowlers and EXT's, or the older Phazer's or Exciter's? Anything with a fairing is super ugly.

Bahr05 said:
gsxr said:
I can't understand why the arms are so prominant ,such tall spindles if it works so well why don't all Formula 1 cars look as goofy?

Cause Formula 1 cars are a $100,000+, and the Viper is $12,000. Probably a lot more technology in the suspensions, with ZERO bump steer.

formula one cars are in the millions, each.

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone!.....LOL. Personally I like the look of the front end and if it works that's what really matters. I took some slack from buddies on my Phazer FX as well, but again personally I think it looks cool......especially as viewed from the cockpit......lean and mean fighting machine!

Attachments

• cockpit view.jpg
    cockpit view.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 79
LJ 452 said:
Grab a broom stick in the middle with both hands about 12 inches apart, have someone try to move one of the ends. Now move your arms 36-48 inches apart, have the persone try to move the end. That's essentially what's happening at the base of your ski at the spindle.

Trust me the front end on these (including the steering) is far superior to the Nytro. Not saying stronger, as that's not a function of handling, although I would say they are at least equal in that department.

The word is leverage and the geometry does make sense.

Back