• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ullmer racing, Excellent service

RX1Jim

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Allen Ullmer provides excellent products and service. Everytime I call to place an order, he answers the phone, takes the time to answer my questions and delivers his products FAST. Excellent person to do business with!!

I have to disagree, i tried to email an order, which never went through, then tried for a day and a half to call it in. After placing the order, and being told it would ship the next day, i patiently waited and took the sled apart to save time for the install. After the 4th day of them not showing up, i called. I was told they would email me the tracking number, which they did. But when i checked it, it showed that the order was JUST processed, and i wouldnt have my parts for another week. So now i get to look at my sled, apart, while its snowing outside. Im not the guy that bitches about stuff like this, but when the time u have is limited, and it is then wasted by someone else, its irritating, especially when all u hear is praise for the company.

NOBODY....i mean NOBODY is perfect ALL the time. sometimes people need to be given the benefit of the doubt. sometimes they just suck. as is with everything IN LIFE.
i think the OVERALL satisfaction and business practice of Ulmers is VERY GOOD to EXCELLENT

Also remember Allens Dad was just in a serious accident and it was posted here that some orders were being taken care of by others, and that some would be late. For a one man show I feel Allen does a pretty good job of taking care of his customers. Heck I'm going to call him to overhaul my engine this summer if it saveable. Maxdlx

After calling back and talking to them, i was told that they held my order, to make sure another part of my order was going to drop ship at the same time. That makes NO sense at all, why would they hold my bushings, until my bogey wheels were ready to drop ship, doesnt make sense. I understand that things happen, but for this instance, there is no excuse. I will order from them again, and i hope to have a better experience, just frustrated with the answer i was given.

We held your order because it is our policy to not ship items until they are all shipping at the same time. We will not process a credit card for an order or ship any parts until we know everything is going to ship at the same time. That is our policy.

Sorry you were frustrated. We are far from perfect.

As far as emails, some of the orders go through to our bulk mail folder instead of into our inbox. I try to catch all email orders, but there are some that slip through that I do not see.

Our phones are very very busy. We do not have a big fancy phone system simply because 99% of the time there is only 1 person here to answer the phone. This will change for next season, but for now if you do not get a answering machine where you can leave a message then we are on the other line. Many phone calls can last 30-40 minutes due to the turbo & supercharger technical questions we sometimes get or simple sales calls.

Normally there is only 1 person at the shop answering the phones, boxing shipments, and trying to do the shop work as well. For right now my wife has been trying to help fill in on the phones and filling orders, but again 99% of the time this place is a one man show. I don't think many people understand that and think we are a big company, which we quite simply are not.

Again sorry for the delay on the order.

Best Regards,

Allen Ulmer
Ulmer Racing

i totally understand your being a small business, i myself ran my own business for years.... i wouldnt have had a problem with waiting, if i didnt get told the bushings were going to get shipped the next day, holding a partial order, and that being your policy, WAS NEVER TOLD TO ME. Im not mad at Ulmer racing, just upset that i lost another weekend riding, thats all.

I don't want to sound like a jerk when I say this. I got a similar responce and I would have to say I understand the one man show but if you are that busy it is time to grow! I was totally turned off by the service. I am willing to give the benifit of the doubt and will try again in the future.

i was slightly more disappointed when the wrong parts showed up today.... lets see if the correct ones were overnighted, so i can have it together before this big storm hits.

YamaMTX said:
I don't want to sound like a jerk when I say this. I got a similar responce and I would have to say I understand the one man show but if you are that busy it is time to grow! I was totally turned off by the service. I am willing to give the benifit of the doubt and will try again in the future.

I would love to upgrade to more employees and a bigger, better facility, etc, but we are just trying to make it through tough economic times like everyone else. Being a seasonal business is very tough.

2lo4dsno said:
i was slightly more disappointed when the wrong parts showed up today.... lets see if the correct ones were overnighted, so i can have it together before this big storm hits.

Your correct bushings were sent Express Mail this afternoon. The tracking number is EO971967879US on http://www.usps.com inside the box is a prepaid envelope to send the old bushings back in. Also inside the box is a ticket showing the refunded portion of your order since you got charged for a 2009 kit and needed a 2008 kit which is less.

i appreciate it, i even told ashley that the difference in price could have been used to cover that, but i certainly apreciate it.....THE SNOWS COMIN DOWN NOW !!!!!!! :)

EDIT...PARTS just arrived...thank you !!!!!!!!!

Back