• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Racing MPI Sneak Peak..My Viper gets more boost.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX

Shot of the gauges after Ulmer Racing Updates to my Viper... will post more later in the summer. I just wanted to share a little. You will see a low boost run, then high, then low and one more final high boost... it was one of many passes to get her tuned in.

P4300004.JPG
P4300036.JPG
P4300039.JPG
P4300054.JPG
P4300061.JPG
P4300070.JPG
P5010130.JPG
P5020138.JPG

Which gauges are those?

Nice, nice, nice..all nice things lol I assumed it must've been geared cuz I know those weren't stock gearing speeds! How would you rate the sound of that exhaust? It's the mpi one I assume?

Yes, its the louder version. Its not too bad as far as loudness. Its a little louder then my Excell but thats a lower tone and its little louder then the D&D..., If you looking at something that flows and is quiet, its not the best choice.

how much boost are you running now

Yes, its the louder version. Its not too bad as far as loudness. Its a little louder then my Excell but thats a lower tone and its little louder then the D&D..., If you looking at something that flows and is quiet, its not the best choice.

I have heard the excell muffler, real nice sound out of that, also heard the OSP and the D&D barker and judging by your video it's nowhere near as loud as those. I've heard this debate go both ways, but do you think the turbo quiets down the exhaust sound a lot or not enough to say so?

if i ever get the money i will do those upgrades but thats not for a year or 2 5lbs is good for now

I have heard the excell muffler, real nice sound out of that, also heard the OSP and the D&D barker and judging by your video it's nowhere near as loud as those. I've heard this debate go both ways, but do you think the turbo quiets down the exhaust sound a lot or not enough to say so?
the trail turbo muffler is quieter then stock but once you go to after market it gets way louder

the trail turbo muffler is quieter then stock but once you go to after market it gets way louder

Ya I have the quiet muffler on my stage 1, I do like how quiet it is, but I also know it's very restrictive. Getting a new free flowing stainless exhaust fitted on mine cuz I'm also going with more boost for next winter, I just don't want to lose that low rpm cruising sound, if it barks at wot that don't bother me, I find more and more that I hardly ever run wide open, I just want something that isn't going to give an annoying drone sound or make people mad at rd crossings or parking lots.

@MrSled has more data on this ride than he will know what to look at!

KosoX2 gauge showing boost, air/fuel ratio, and water temp (this is the gauge you are seeing on the video).

POD-300 that is tied into the PCV-PTI-SI (controlling the stock 3 injectors as well as the 4th injector), Ignition Module, and Wideband Commander, the POD-300 is mounted below his handlebars (where his GEMS box was previously located).

He can record Engine RPM, TPS, Air/Fuel Ratio, Injector Duty Cycle, Injector change, Ignition change, Manifold pressure, Intercooler temp, etc.

He has alot of information at his finger tips! ;)!;)!

This is what I'm planning on working my way up to. PCV, Ignition module, POD and auto tune this year. As well as the clutch machining. Next year turn up the boost. I wana get it running right with what I have first to see where I'm at.

Back