• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer racing stage 2 clutch kit.

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
I'm looking for some feedback from the guys and girls that have the stage 2 kit from Allen.

1. How's the performance on a stock machine?

2. How is the belt life.

Thanks ty.

Didn't hear of anyone running them last year - I'd ask Alan personally, he's the real deal and will tell you honestly.

Didn't hear of anyone running them last year - I'd ask Alan personally, he's the real deal and will tell you honestly.
I totally agree , but Allen is always a busy guy and takes a while to get back.

I've always found ulmer to make
Great stuff

I ran Allen's Stage 1 kit in my SW last year and it did everything that I wanted it to. I wanted a nice and low engagement speed for the conditions that I mostly encounter (on/off trail in good snow conditions) and Allen set me up with his optional lower engagement spring with the kit. The mid range gains and back shifting increases were a noticeable improvement over the stock clutch set up and I had no belt issues. I'm all stock with no tunes or exhaust mods.

He told me with the low snow winter last season that he wasn't able to fully test the Stage 2 kit and wouldn't be releasing it until he was satisfied with the results. Stage 2 kit has a helix and secondary spring change where the Stage 1 kit is primary clutch changes only.

I'll be talking to Allen at Hay Days and hopefully get some more info on the Stage 2 kit.

I ran Allen's Stage 1 kit in my SW last year and it did everything that I wanted it to. I wanted a nice and low engagement speed for the conditions that I mostly encounter (on/off trail in good snow conditions) and Allen set me up with his optional lower engagement spring with the kit. The mid range gains and back shifting increases were a noticeable improvement over the stock clutch set up and I had no belt issues. I'm all stock with no tunes or exhaust mods.

He told me with the low snow winter last season that he wasn't able to fully test the Stage 2 kit and wouldn't be releasing it until he was satisfied with the results. Stage 2 kit has a helix and secondary spring change where the Stage 1 kit is primary clutch changes only.

I'll be talking to Allen at Hay Days and hopefully get some more info on the Stage 2 kit.
Thanks !
I'd love to know.

Yes we ran it for 720 hard miles after we rebuilt sled from crash. And stock belt still looks good,will run it this coming winter. I have Evo,s stage 4 tune,sandale full 3" allens CAI and allens stage 2 clutch kit. Primary is 81 grams,i also added two slippery washers,one on each end of spring,it was black/pink.secondary straight 38 degree,with torsion spring from cat,red/blk with offset tangs,so when you wind it,start zero and 1 but we had it zero and 3 man its hard to twist with that much pressure,also new rollers from supreme tool,who he also runs his supertip weights,and I think its there helix to boot,only thing was it hit so hard on up shift,once it spun and dug a hole,it would overshift,and have a hard time bringing rpms back up to where they belonged. And Evo wants 9200-9400 on 91 octane for 265hp with CAI,although allen saids there numbers are conservative,we shale find out this dec. when we get some cold air,i will have phil Stanley dyno it,to see where its sweet spot is. I am interested in Dales 33/37 or 32/38 reverse helix,and his secondary spring.

I can tell you I struggled the 1st yr with my 14 XTX and MPI Stage I turbo with a Hauck clutch kit it could not load enough weight for only 210 hp. When Allen re-worked it and pushed it to 265 hp we threw away the Hauck kit and he put his in it and tuned it on the dyno. It went from blowing belts every 100 miles to over 2000 miles on an 8dn, never hits the rev limiter (EVO flash raised that) but snaps to 9200 rpms and just sits there throughout the whole run.

Back