• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ulmer stage 3 attak kit

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
i want to upgrade my clutch system over the summer an i want to get the most for my money. this kit seems like the most complete system and i know ulmer is a reliable company. any thoughts or oher suggestions??
:Rockon:

Nothing against any of the tuners, but in my opinion no one makes a kit that gives enough of a performance increase for the money; bang for the buck. Since 06 Yamaha has been pretty spot on with their clutching calibration.......

APEXgtANDaBANSHEE said:
i want to upgrade my clutch system over the summer an i want to get the most for my money. this kit seems like the most complete system and i know ulmer is a reliable company. any thoughts or oher suggestions??

you'll be very happy with Ulmer's kit, just make sure you tell them all the info about you riding style and weight and they'll hook you up ;)!

Mighty said:
Nothing against any of the tuners, but in my opinion no one makes a kit that gives enough of a performance increase for the money; bang for the buck. Since 06 Yamaha has been pretty spot on with their clutching calibration.......
Top end is hard to beat in stock forum. Corner to corner and strong acceleration go to Ulmer or Proline. Either one will work.

APEXgtANDaBANSHEE, If you don't care about top end, then drop the gear to a 22/38 or run 23/40 with a Ulmer kit or Proline and it will rock...

you cant go wrong with ulmers customer service...I like the drag n flys and so do some of the most experienced tuners here..

sj said:
you cant go wrong with ulmers customer service...I like the drag n flys and so do some of the most experienced tuners here..

Yes, from what I have been reading, that using those weights with the stock clutching, seems to work real well. If I still have my sled next year, I will try them..

I went with the FIX clutch kit. It comes with Primary & Seconday springs, Speed Ring, Rivets, Rollers, Machined Split Collars, and a thicker drive belt. It's desinged to get the belt to the top of the sheaves for max mph. I feel that this kit really woke up my sled, but now that i think of it i never tested out the top speed.

APEXgtANDaBANSHEE said:

I think the Stage 3 for the Attak is unnessesary. It's good for the Apex as it gets you the 23T top gear. You don't need to change your gearing as it comes 23/38 from factory. I like this gearing for my riding. My $0.02.

Stage 2 with some windage plates would be my choice from Ulmer. I am seriously looking at the Drag 'n' Flies from the reviews on the site as well.

heelclicker's new weights...one piece billet design with great low end and overdrive adjustablity and no mods to the clutch needed..

Back