• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ultimax 3, XS, or stock

tuner

Extreme
I heard 3 loses top end a little, I like stock, what about xs? need to know as soon as possible going for 200 mile run. Thanks :4STroke:

I'll save you a bunch of hassle here. Go get yourself a new 8DN-01 Yamaha belt. The Carlisle has big issues with extreme wear in a very short time period. I tried two of the xs805's only to find them beyond useable after 100 miles (IMO). Have 700 miles on the new 8DN-01 with no wear at all. You can't go wrong with the Yamaha belt.

Most will tell you the DN stock belt is the best. I have run both DN and XS with good results with both. The XS seems to keep the clutches running cooler due to the softer rubber and a little less slippage. I've run XS on my Poo since they came out and never had a durability problem. So far no problems on the ER, but only at 1k on the belt. I carry the DN as my spare.

KnappAttack said:
I'll save you a bunch of hassle here. Go get yourself a new 8DN-01 Yamaha belt. The Carlisle has big issues with extreme wear in a very short time period. I tried two of the xs805's only to find them beyond useable after 100 miles (IMO). Have 700 miles on the new 8DN-01 with no wear at all. You can't go wrong with the Yamaha belt.

Same thing goes for the DAYCO HPX. I put one on last weekend, I get them for free. They worked great on my Tcat.
However, after a blast WOT up the lake for about 1.5 miles and then back at WOT, the belt was BLAZING hot. It sizzled when I threw it on the snowy ice.

I then put my old 8DN in and repeat same run. The 8DN was touchable, infact I could wrap my hand on it.

Strange enough, both belts pulled 10600.

mulderdad said:
Hey 87, how ya get em for free?
I'd like some for free too. LOL!
Cheers,
Rick.

Connections buddy, connections!!

I am now using the xs with good results.500 miles so far and the clutches are really clean with no belt dust.I do run the 911 primary cover with the adjuster and a goodwin adjuster on my sec clutch.Going to maine in 2 weeks for a week of riding so we will see how the belt holds up.

DN is hard and does wear the clutch, but slips too much for my taste.

Ultimax 3 is too soft and wears quickly.

XS has been working the best by far for me.

Not trying to promote XS belts. After all of the bad comments on wear I measured the top section of my XS811 after 1k of usage and it's 1.375" +/_. This belt is both longer and wider than the 8DN, it measured 1.38" when new. I ride hard with a lot of full throttle to top end runs. Same on my Poo, different belt #, but still XS. It would seem to me if you are wearing out XS belts in 200 miles you have a clutch problem. Allen ran XS belts last season as well and reported good results. Makes no real difference to me what belts are used, I just experiment. DN8 are excellent belts, no argument there.

Back