• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Under glow on winder

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
17’ Yamaha sidewinder
Looking at maybe adding some blue underglow to my 2019 xtx le. Anyone ever accomplish this. Not a big deal but I think would be neat when stopped at a shack to have the sled lit up a bit!!!

Any good kits or places to hide lights that they are out of sight and give off good light?

I've done mine and 5 others.

I use the 8 piece strip kit.
Comes with 1 remote control, but can order additional remotes for like 9 bucks I think.
The strips are waterproof which is great for sleds.

One thing though ... Add a little switch between battery and brain box of lights . They drain very, very little, but if left over the summer will drain battery.
It's because the brain box is always slightly on listening for any commands from the remote buttons you might push.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...remote-activated-rgb-color-changing-kit/2310/

Last edited:
I just posted in the viper forum. I did my Viper with the opt7 kit. Super easy and a bunch of different options. Has a master on off and 2 remotes.

Thanks guys. What’s the best to hold wire in place? And anyone give me a couple pointers on where you stuck them?

Clean with denatured alcohol and stick on. Once fitted I covered the edges with a quality clear silicone. Even though all connections are heat shrinked I even made sure that area had silicone applied. I ride on trails only so put them tight to the outer tube under the running board. I feel it is protected there. Up front is just tucked tight. I can see a bit of the fronts if I kneel low but standing i cant. I will try to get photos tomorrow.

Super tough to get good pics of how the lighting looks unless I use my real camera - which I may try and do this weekend. I've used a couple different kits over the last 3 years and this is by far the most durable, I have them inside my tunnel with over 2000 miles and were still going strong on my '17 when I wrecked it. In fact I pulled some of them off and they're now on my '18 in these pics.

Kit - http://www.stratusindustries.com/siproducts/snowmobile-led-hood-track-lighting-kits

56065304265__F35EEC82-2EE1-41D2-8CE3-CDDF050B0D38.jpg 56115762486__292460E5-9837-4758-B0A9-5FBED8CE9E2A.jpg 56487659882__DDE86436-5B46-475C-9369-4204EF1CF1D8.jpg 56487663900__DCE6E17C-F64D-4FB5-8298-B6F82B455497.jpg 56487672537__2D677BB3-D3D5-4FAA-95E2-96FD6C278E6B.jpg 56487711741__08C856DC-E3B4-45F6-A140-26ECE03FCCFD.jpg IMG_4606.jpg IMG_4610.jpg

I'll chime in on anchoring the wiring - both in the tunnel and under the boards (though I use the same for under hood). The kit I have uses 3M double sided tape, that holds the LED pods pretty securely but I also use 3M weather stripping adhesive to secure the wires to the tunnel or boards and than after that dries I use Flexitape (the as seen on TV stuff) which I purchased at Home Depot. The Flexitape is prob a joke if you use it on a boat hull like the guy does in the commercials, but for this kind of application it's awesome. SUPER sticky and basically a thin sheet of flexible rubber, so it holds like crazy and offers a LOT of protection to wires and the edges of the LED pods.

Beerman did someone steal your right rear bogie wheel?

Beerman did someone steal your right rear bogie wheel?
LOL - good catch Colombo! But you wouldn't have completely solved the murder.

A few pics are prior to track swap/studs/Stealth Big wheel kit install and a couple are after.

Where did you get the Squatch switch?
Amazon of course. There are plenty of others if you search for them - the pole dancer "whip lights" was a close second, but I decided to keep it classy. I took the time to wire up the switch so that the words "Sasquatch Lights" light with key on and the squelch lights up when the switch (LEDs) is in the on position.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6D68G6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Motorsports-Backlit-Rocker-Switch-LIGHTS/dp/B00OFR1IQE/

Last edited:
You love Amazon don't you?
You're like a drunken soccer mom at 2am with the hubby's Gold Card.
I'm getting the "stripper pole" cuz i'm not as classy as you.

You love Amazon don't you?
You're like a drunken soccer mom at 2am with the hubby's Gold Card.
I'm getting the "stripper pole" cuz i'm not as classy as you.
Yes, Amazon is like the 8th wonder of the world, just click something and magically, 1-2 days, later it's waiting for me, crazy . . .

I never said I was too classy to "buy" it, just made a last minute decision. If I could figure out what else needs a rocker switch on the sled . . .

IMG_4766.jpeg

Back