• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update: - 2016-2021 Sidewinder/Viper STX - DX 146 skid - (2016 or newer Crosstour XF 146 skid) - Reviews and Opinions Please

Ding

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Black & Blue
UPDATE: I did some research and it appears that this skid is used in the STX models - maybe the DX refers to the Yamaha name for the skid?

Any feedback on the 146 skid found in the Yamaha STX models like the Winder STX or Viper STX?

... I assume this skid found it's way into some Yamaha models, but really don't know. Just wondered what guy's thoughts are on this skid or other skids in the 146" range that you like. I may be retrofitting into a Frankensled (02-03 SX Viper Mtn) and just digging into options. There is a 2008 Nytro XTX skid in it now that I loved at first, but am tired of now (especially after blowing a shock). I should really retire this sled, but I am too dumb and old.

attachment is the target sled, possibly

Attachments

• 20220117_102224.jpg
    20220117_102224.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Updated info - please offer any feedback you have on this skid

XTX 146 skid uncoupled might be what your looking for. Do a search on that.

The XTX 146 skid appears to be different from what I am referring to.

Back