• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update body panels?

So I've been looking at a microfiche back and forth between my 2014 and the 2019. It looks like the plastics should work. Side panels, skidplate assemblies look like they'll fit. It starts to get complicated at the hood, specifically the instrument assemblies. If I can run my older headlight and instrument pod in it, then it looks do-able. Unfortunately I don't do electrical well and would find retrofitting the new headlight intimidating. I could be over thinking this. It's a trait of mine...

I know I've seen on this site where guys have updated to the newer headlight.
I would just do everything. What I am not sure of is if they had the variable handwarmers and thumbwarmer. I dont think so. So it would just be the hood harness needed. The instrument pod is same in Limited. The regular 7000's in 19 used a cheaper round version like my Venom has. You could keep your same instrument gauges but would need the LED headlight.

Yours would look cool if you could get the 19 plastics in all black which I think they are and then get a Orange graphics wrap made to match your current look. Always thought that was one of the nicest on snow.

Yours would look cool if you could get the 19 plastics in all black which I think they are and then get a Orange graphics wrap made to match your current look. Always thought that was one of the nicest on snow.
You think the hood harness would be plug and play? The headlight is listed at $460! That's a lot in Canadian $ for sure! Any idea if its the same as the Viper headlight? That would make it easier to find.

I agree that mine is a nice looking sled, but I'd thought about just going all black...
Never thought about trying to match my orange color scheme, good idea!

You think the hood harness would be plug and play? The headlight is listed at $460! That's a lot in Canadian $ for sure! Any idea if its the same as the Viper headlight? That would make it easier to find.

I agree that mine is a nice looking sled, but I'd thought about just going all black...
Never thought about trying to match my orange color scheme, good idea!
I would say odds are pretty good of it being plug and play since the hood harness plug is identical. At worst would just need wires re arranged. Hope you do it. Look for wrecked sleds I believe Windèr led is same.

I have a Sidewinder LED headlight to sell.

Does anyone know if the newer plastics from the Viper are the same as the Cat? Even some of them? It would make it easier to find some. There were so many more Vipers sold, and I would consider black or grey, if that is all I can find.

Does anyone know if the newer plastics from the Viper are the same as the Cat? Even some of them? It would make it easier to find some. There were so many more Vipers sold, and I would consider black or grey, if that is all I can find.
The side panels and lowers are same on the old plastic. I assume same on new.

Back