• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

like MT said - you'll loose weight installing the turbo. Also, my Timbersled rear suspension kit is ready for me to pick up. I'm going up to Sandpoint soon to meet with Allan, talk shop, and pick the kit up. Will post the install in regular fashion. Also, Avid drivers are on the way and I've got a mtn extreme 156x16x2.5 track going on also. I'm working on an exhaust solution and will likely go with a flex exhaust pipe ordered up at NAPA. It'll make room for storage under the seat.

Whew, lets see here ... ah yes- the clutch. I'm thinking of adding the shockwave adjustable secondary helix and am working with Dynamo Joe on an over all solution.

CHA CHING!!!!!!

On the 156 inch track, to get it to work are you using the stock rear wheels or are you adding 8 inch big wheels to take up the extra 3 inches.

I'll go with the 8" wheels as I'm helping smitty develop a two wheel offset axle kit for the sled. This sled will carve on a dime.

I've heard others are running the 162" track with big wheel kits and are not having to mess with the tunnel extension. So, there seems to be lots of room to play with ideas here.

On another note - I'm installing a 16" track in there. It's 'doo'able also.

The Shockwave Helix is well worth the money. The only way to go as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that would make it better would be rollers instead of buttons. Some guys have used old cat secondary retro'd with the Shockwave to get the rollers.

Well, here are a couple other things on order and coming in...

New Gear: going from 20th top to 19

New Drivers: Avids are on way...

New Track: 156" x 2.5" x 16" is ready to be picked up and installed...(but that will be VERY spendy trip as TTabs lives by a Cabelas!!!!)

Steering Post mod: being done tonight (moving it up and forward couple inches...) will fix the weird steering thing...

mtdream said:
Well, here are a couple other things on order and coming in...

New Gear: going from 20th top to 19

New Drivers: Avids are on way...

New Track: 156" x 2.5" x 16" is ready to be picked up and installed...(but that will be VERY spendy trip as TTabs lives by a Cabelas!!!!)

Steering Post mod: being done tonight (moving it up and forward couple inches...) will fix the weird steering thing...

where did you get the top gear, I need one also. Do you have a part number. Thanks a bunch

wildchild has a steering post relocation kit for the nytro. 100$ with cnc billet relocation brackets and a recut bottom bushing
i will post pics soon

summitking said:
wildchild has a steering post relocation kit for the nytro. 100$ with cnc billet relocation brackets and a recut bottom bushing
i will post pics soon

please do so!!!!

I don't know about this one but my BD kit used a spacer that raised the steering column up a little over an inch. I'm 6'4'' so I liked it alot. It made it much more comfortable to ride whoile standing up and it doesn't give you the wierd ergo's that a riser does.

well the CR Raqcing post, allows you to get away from the merry-go-round steering, and more to a natural sleddar position...hard to explain, but moving it forward will give you a little more leverage in a natural position...

grab a regular non yammie sled and move the steering, and then jump on a stock nytro and remember the two angle the steering turns at...it is instantly noticeable...

is there a link to their website or pics or? got the sled apart...might as well do this...

Back