• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated Starters are now being shipped for the Phazer

Dodgeman

Veteran
Apparenty Yamaha is shipping the updated starters. Thought you might like to know...........

i just got mine back for a start problem, it still makes noise, they said i have an extended warranty so ride it? broke down on the trail is not where i want to be imo. i askee if they checked it and they said no youd have to tear the front off of it ? i thought that was the reason for warranty?

starter

so i have an 07 phazer and last winter it started just clicking then it would turn over.. and now it just clickes at the reallay and wont try to turn.. is this the problem with the started?

Starter issue

Hi all. New to this but been riding my Phazer for 2 years now. Had a starter issue and it was under warranty at that time. Dealer had a good idea what the problem was. Yes starter coming apart. As for getting a upadated starter from Yamaha now that I'm off warranty. I would be impressed. Will make a difference in a year from now when I consider replacing one of my 3 sleds.

Got a question for everyone. My sled died on the trail end of last February when I was doing about 55mph. Was baffled. Smoked like a son-of-a-gun, stunk to high heaven. Got back down by home and took her in to be worked on. Sure enough. Starter. Bummer was the bugger was on backorder and they didn't get my sled fixed til the snow was gone. Got her out for the first ride of the season a week and half ago and not even 5 miles on the new starter and she died again. Same exact scenario: smoke, smell. Took her in and sure enough a post on the new starter had gone bad. Has anyone had the replacement starter go bad on them too or am I just jinxed? My sled is an '07' and I'm wondering if I should just trade her in. With all the bulletin updates she's been in for the service manager and I are on a first name basis and I've hardly put any miles on (about 800). It's truly bumming me out. Any other victim's? Glad we bought the extended warranty. It's already paid for itself.

Snow Flake 12,

Did the machine stop running?

My buddies just a couple of day ago quit all of a sudden no start, just drop it off at the dealer.

Same thing running,smelled rubber then quit.

So I think my starter just went. Solenoid clicks and whines, but nothing from the starter. If i'm the second owner of my sled, and it's not under any warranty, is there any way I can get some help from Yamaha with this? $288+ for a starter is a good chunk of change for me. Good thing the season is coming to a close.

Would a 2012 venture lite have an updated starter or could this still be a problem on that year?

07-08 had problems with bolts coming out. Yours should be fine.

Back