• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updates to 2021 SRX?

Woody255

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Vmax4's
Hello all, any significant updates done to the 21 SRX compared to previous years, aside from the chaincase sightglass being removed?

I believe the upper bushing was updated last year, haven't seen any reports as how that is holding up.

Wore out 2 upper gears last season on my 21 srx.. 6500km. Will be ordering the dmc gear soon. Also have my driveshaft out right now and have alot of wear on it as well. Wish I would have installed a driveshaft saver.

Wore out 2 upper gears last season on my 21 srx.. 6500km. Will be ordering the dmc gear soon. Also have my driveshaft out right now and have alot of wear on it as well. Wish I would have installed a driveshaft saver.
Warranty it

Curious what chain tension were you running?

Curious what chain tension were you running?
Was 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns out. Any more then that and the chain slap hits the case. Using amsoil chaincase oil. 16oz checking tension every trip and changing it every 2k.

No matter what brand of oil you run, my suggestion is to run something that is GL-5 rated in any 4stroke chain case (turbo or not). I tried the single bottle of Amsoil "chain case" oil and that's when I started to see accelerated wear. I will run that lighter weight oil in any 2stroke or diamond drive system but not a 4stroke. I'm not saying that wear does not occur or that I've found a silver bullet, after all this chain case is what it is. I try to set up for reliability. This is a long drawn out topic so I'm only posting about my findings.

Back