• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgraded fox shocks for apex & vectors

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
Has anyone with the upgraded fox shock on these sleds have any problems with the shock going bad (like loosing all the air) Tried to pump it back up but didn't work. The shock only has about 3,000 miles on it. When you loose the air your done, you can no longer drive it & it's very hard to even tow it without damaging something.
I do know about the HyGear shock for these sleds but is very expense.

I find that a stock, well maintained KYB with a multi rate spring ( Barn of Parts) is a good fit for the Delta chassis.

I find that a stock, well maintained KYB with a multi rate spring ( Barn of Parts) is a good fit for the Delta chassis.
I didn't know that the KYB with a multi rate spring would work on a 2018 Vector suspension. Do you know what has to be done to the suspension to make this work

Elka also makes a rear shock for the singleshot suspension.

i just saw a used take off someplace for that sled. i bought a spare for mine and plan on frequent service to avoid this issue.

I have a new to me XTX (8k miles) and it still has the original air shock. I am planning to ride a big loop in Que this winter and am worried that things might go badly at an inopportune time with that shock. I found the HYGEAR shock - Fox H1 - Rear Kit, Apex Single Shot, 2.0 RA Coil Over, Rev2 but it seems a little pricey and wondered if anyone had any other good options.....a stock replacement air shock is $350 but I would rather not run the risk of having to change it on the trail.

Open to any and all ideas.....Will the Elka work, or do I need HYGEAR?

Ours has an Elka stage 4 shocks in it.
I had it serviced at Acceleratedtechnologies.ca
So they have the make up of my shock on file.
On a side note if you go with the upgraded fox shock with compression and rebound have it serviced and a Schrader valve installed instead of the needle valve. The needle nitrogen valve has a tendency to leak.

I have a new to me XTX (8k miles) and it still has the original air shock. I am planning to ride a big loop in Que this winter and am worried that things might go badly at an inopportune time with that shock. I found the HYGEAR shock - Fox H1 - Rear Kit, Apex Single Shot, 2.0 RA Coil Over, Rev2 but it seems a little pricey and wondered if anyone had any other good options.....a stock replacement air shock is $350 but I would rather not run the risk of having to change it on the trail.

Open to any and all ideas.....Will the Elka work, or do I need HYGEAR?
either one is a good choice. i got the 2018 apex xtx shock on warenty for mine and like it so far.

8LB-47480-00-00 is the upgraded one and on port yamaha site, it is showing $420.00 for a new one from yamaha.

Elka replied to me. "We do not support this model unfortunately," True, or do they have one that fits?

Was the 8LB-47480-00-00 also for the 2017 Vector (same suspension)? Would you trust the air shock to a 2500 mile week in very remote parts of Canada?

Well I have the ELKA shock on my singleshot suspension and I also got mine from Accelerated Technologies. It works great and I do not have to worry about the sled becoming unusable because the air leaked out. It comes complete with everything needed to just install. I looked at the HyGear one and found it to be not only quite a bit more expensive, but it required making modifications to the skid in order for it to be installed (drilling holes bigger etc). I have had the shock for three seasons now and have had no issues with it. The sled went from riding like it had a brick instead of an air shock to something that is great to ride and actually has a suspension now. When you order the shock, they ask for your weight and riding style, etc. and the shock comes already setup using those parameters, so it really is ready to go. Take out the old one, put in the new one and ready. I have had to make very small adjustments to the rebound as I have ridden it, but that is it.

Elka stage 4 singleshot shock.
86089.jpeg86092.jpeg

This shock has an offset reservoir on it so it won't contact the grease fitting. Relay rod is spaced out 30mm on the left side and 10 mm on the right side.

Back