• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgraded fox shocks for apex & vectors

just tell them it is an apex xtx as it is the same suspension.

Should I order from Elka? The AT website looks like it ISN'T set up for ordering.....

ELKA looks to be $825USD.....same as HYGEAR?

Last edited:
This shock has an offset reservoir on it so it won't contact the grease fitting. Relay rod is spaced out 30mm on the left side and 10 mm on the right side.
Why does the Elka Stage 2 IFP Rear Shock for the Apex XTX Singleshot suspension not show this offset reservoir? Was one of the reasons I was considering the Hygear option. If it's an add-on option, do you know how much more it added to the cost of the Elka shock?

Would you trust the air shock to a 2500 mile week in very remote parts of Canada?
Although I've always had reservations concerning the Singleshot suspension using an air shock vs a coil shock, I have close to 10,000 miles on the Fox Float that came with my 18 XTX and it has yet to give me a reason to replace it other than having a spare/backup like @maim has with his Apex's. With that said, I also ensure my Fox Float was and is periodically serviced by @cannondale27 to at least give the a shock a fair shake.

Understood......I have a friend that lost one on an Apex. It's a huge problem and will ruin a trip for more than just me if it fails.

AND...the XTX that I just bought has 8k miles on it.

ELKA stage 4 or 5 is $825....shows the reservoir. It doesn't list the stage 2.
Ah, I see the difference now, you're referring to the 144" XTX and I was referring to the 146" XTX. With that said, the 144" wasn't actually consider the Singleshot suspension, correct? That came out in 2016 which is when the Apex went from a 144" to a 146".

My bad.....I should have referenced the 146.

ELKA doesn't list anything newer than 2015 that I can see.

But link you posted was for the 144" XTX and not the 146" Singleshot. :dunno:

Like @1nc 2000 stated, you need to click the link I posted to Elka's website as that is for the Singleshot which your 2017 Vector would have. Even though their web page only list the year 2016, the Singleshot did not change from 2016-2018.

Rob.... I messed up, thought they were the same. My other sled is a 2011 Apex short track.....anything that starts with 14X looks like a Cadillac to me!

Why does the Elka Stage 2 IFP Rear Shock for the Apex XTX Singleshot suspension not show this offset reservoir? Was one of the reasons I was considering the Hygear option. If it's an add-on option, do you know how much more it added to the cost of the Elka shock?
I had purchased mine in 17. I had a fitment issue with it. The reservoir was directly below the shock and the compression know would hit the grease fitting on the cross shaft. We resolved that issue with the offset reservoir. Dont know why they don't offer this setup. Maybe worth a call to Acceleratedtechnologies.ca if your interested.

That's what I was thinking.......but the price for the '14-15 is almost the same as the HYGEAR......I was hoping for something closer to $500 if there is such a thing. I think that's what a spare Fox Float would cost.

Looks like our first storm coming on Friday night.....6-12" predicted.

Back