• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

USI SPX skis & hard steering

USI

dooster said:
I found the first year I ran the USI skis on my Apex that I had very heavy steering. I then put in the power steering plates and moved the mounting bolt to the rear hole and it was night and day difference. Now the shaper wear bar wears evenly and the steering is very light. These skis do not dart and now have the light feel. Hope this helps for all the users of USI skis. Another plus of the skis are that they float better in the deeper snow.

I did the same thing and it was a night and day difference. The biggest improvement was moving the bolt to the rearward hole.

I put the USI skis on our cross country race sled and was bummed with the heeeeaaavy setup. The factory turned us on to the plates and WWWAAAMMMMMMOO! They are the way to go with the bolt hole in the rear hole.You will love the floatation.Trick set-up.

I got my first ride with the X2's on the Apex last night. The conditions were not optimal so all sleds in the group (about 10) had some darting. Mine was no exception. The steering however was very light. I'm in the middle hole on the mounts with stage two fins, but I let the limiters out one hole to lighten the steering ahead of time because of the more aggressive nature of the skis combined with the heavy front end of the sled. It feels very light up front now, even off trail in untramped powder. Night and day more playfull and far better floatation than stock. On hardpack, it'll turn around almost in its own tracks. I didn't have my float pump with me, but I'm going to add air pressure to increase ski pressure a bit and see how that works out. On a side note, with the limiters out, my track rachet went away, and it was bad before. Plus, it'll pull sweet 3' wheelies.

I put about 1200 miles on my x2 stage 2's last year.......it was night and day from stock.., but i have to admit, with the straps out and the tranfer to max and using the center hole,, it still felt a little heavy. Don't get me wrong, if i was man enough to turn the handle bars it would literally go anywhere i wanted, but wore you out riding all day. I'm gonna try the rear hole before i spend more money for the plates. If you like having complete confidence in where your sled is going to go, these are definetly the ski's to have.

Back