• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Usi triple threat skis

snobill

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 apex xtx
anyone running them on an apex xtx ? Good-bad ? A guy is selling a pair for a good price with almost new 9 inch carbides

I run them on my 08 Apex LTX and like them. My only regret when purchasing them at the Novi Snow a few years back was when talking with the USI rep at the show, he highly recommended going with the Stud Boy Deuce carbides for the ultimate handling on a studded Apex. Although the interchangeable keel/tail fins helped with darting, I went with just the single Shaper bar carbide rather than opt for the more expensive Duece carbides considering I was purchasing the carbides at the same time as I was purchasing the skis and wanted to keep cost down. If I find a decent price on the Duece carbides at this year's Novi Snow Show, I will most likely purchase them and keep the single Shapers as spares . My Apex is studded so my Shapers were 9" carbides and if/when switching to the Duece, they too will be 9" carbides. Now on the 18 Apex XTX w/ power steering, I run the Curve XS skis and like them as well. With the additional steering effort of the Curves, I'd be curious to know how they work on a non-PS Apex (if I ever find myself bored on one of our snowmobile trips I'd swap them out but that rarely occurs when there is snow on the trails) but with the USI Triple Threat skis I'm currently running, I am content other than possibly going with the Duece carbides.

I have run USI Triple Threat skis on my '12 Apex XTX for past 5 seasons. They work great on a power steering Delta Box sled, but I use the Stud Boy 9" Deuce carbide. A 4" Deuce isn't enough, but 6" Deuce works fine. The last time I ordered new, however, they didn't have 6" and sold me 9" for the price of 6". (Sorry, lots of 6's and 9's)

I tried the single runner carbide and did not like the handling. This is just my .02, as I am strictly a trail rider. You may be satisfied with the single runner, but I would anticipate the possibility of having to change them. Deuce bars, depending on carbide length, are somewhere in the tune of $60 - $90 each.

I set toe-out @ 1/8" - 1/4".

Back