• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Value of High Mileage Machines

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
How do you put a value on them? Blue book does not take mileage into account. My Dad is trying to sell his mint 2012 Apex STD with 12,500 miles and he has no idea where to start price wise. I looked on craigslist for comparable machines and there really aren't any.

Most on here know that the mileage on these machines are not as much an issue as a 2 stroke example.
There is obviously more value in a low mileage machine.

For a general comparison...
This year I've purchased a 2007 RTX with 2,200 miles for under $4k, and a 2015 XTX with 800 miles for under $9,400.

My guess for that machine would be to start around $7k

who says that is high millage? its not a 2 stroke. as long as the rest of the machine is serviced to be in good shape the motor is not even half used. next service is like 25000 miles for a valve adjustment. again it is the rest of the machine that may bring value down based on service history and what needs attention. but for miles that is average for that year. that's only 2k per year well within normal.

I have a 12 XTX that I will be selling and expecting to get around 7 for it.

Last edited:
Most on here know that the mileage on these machines are not as much an issue as a 2 stroke example.
There is obviously more value in a low mileage machine.

For a general comparison...
This year I've purchased a 2007 RTX with 2,200 miles for under $4k, and a 2015 XTX with 800 miles for under $9,400.

My guess for that machine would be to start around $7k

I think to the average Joe it is high miles. Yamaha enthusiasts know the machine is good for many more. He has it listed for $6,750. I'll tell him its a good starting point. Thanks,

I picked up a 2012 Vector with 8400mi for just under 5k 2 years ago. When buying used I prefer the higher miles as many of the wear items have been replaced by then.

The same thing happens with street bikes. If a bike has over 10,0000 miles people shy away. So they dont sell.
I've purchaced many bikes for cheap because of this.

I bought my 2007 Apex with like 7500 mi on it for 3200. Didn't care what the mileage was, it was in my price range, has new studded track. On a Yammi 4 stroke, mileage means nothing to me. If taken care of, the engine will outlive anything else on the sled.

Nada has a standard se at $7500 us.

As all of us (Yamaha riders) know mileage means nothing if well maintained. Lets face it more then likely it will be purchased by a Yamaha rider that knows these sled all to well. Look at Nick Kellar who has ridden his RS Vector for over 100k miles.

I believe the value is driven my many factors. I bought an 11 with 3400 miles on it for 6000k last fall. It had many extras including the dupont slides. Sled was definately worth more but he and his wife were exiting the sport he just wanted it gone. Sold my 06 in 2012 with 14k on the clock for 4500. I was sticking to my price because the sled looked like it ha 800 miles on it. Person that bought it drove 4 hours to get it!

I wanted to bump this thread. He was asking $6,750 for the machine. It had the original track. A gentleman contracted him about the machine and my Dad told him the track should probably be replaced. My dad offered to swap the track out if the guy would reimburse him for the parts. So long story short, a track swap turned into a track, bogie wheel bearings, exhaust donuts, and a used Ex-up valve totaling about $1,000 in parts. The guy met my Dad yesterday and paid him $7,750 in cash for the machine. It ended up taking about a month to sell.

I wanted to bump this thread. He was asking $6,750 for the machine. It had the original track. A gentleman contracted him about the machine and my Dad told him the track should probably be replaced. My dad offered to swap the track out if the guy would reimburse him for the parts. So long story short, a track swap turned into a track, bogie wheel bearings, exhaust donuts, and a used Ex-up valve totaling about $1,000 in parts. The guy met my Dad yesterday and paid him $7,750 in cash for the machine. It ended up taking about a month to sell.
WOW...high 5 your Dad on that one... I find over 10K mile sleds are difficult to sell on my own but Pat's can move them in a day or 2 when trading in and up.

I've got a 2007 with 4000 miles would sell it any less then 5500 around here there asking 5000 for apex not well maintained apex seem to hold good value if taken care of plius you can tell in a minute if its well serviced by how its cosmetics atre keep its pride off ownership there to much money not to take car of them

Back