• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector just got ripped in half!

RSVECTORFREAK

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector ER
Well I had a super bad ride today with a bunch of friends. Snow conditions were bad with lots of snow dust. I came up on a stop sign with a police officer so I slowed down and came to a complete stop when all of a sudden a guy behind me on a Firecat hit me from behind at 70! His spindle caught mine ripping the entire front end off of my sled. I'm just glad everyone was alright because it could have been alot worse. Firecat totaled and my Vector is probably totaled and a Crossfire took hood damage also. Yammie dealer told me with teh speed he ripped it off I might get lucky with new bulkhead and front end parts. I have my doubts tho!

Attachments

• Vector wreckedphoto(6).JPG
    Vector wreckedphoto(6).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Vector wreck 2photo(5).JPG
    Vector wreck 2photo(5).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 260
  • vector wreck 3photo(7).JPG
    vector wreck 3photo(7).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 278
  • vector wreck 4photo(8).JPG
    vector wreck 4photo(8).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 148

Glad you're ok. And.....holy crap!!!!! That has got to be a first. It looks so clean where it separated. Friend of mine caught skis with and oncoming sled two weeks ago at about 60. Both riders ok, f1000 and CFR 800 both totaled. Again, glad you're alright.

HRD2PLZ said:
Glad you're ok. And.....holy crap!!!!! That has got to be a first. It looks so clean where it separated. Friend of mine caught skis with and oncoming sled two weeks ago at about 60. Both riders ok, f1000 and CFR 800 both totaled. Again, glad you're alright.

Yeah my dealer said in all of his years he has never seen the front bulkheads torn off like that!

RSVECTORFREAK said:
HRD2PLZ said:

Yeah my dealer said in all of his years he has never seen the front bulkheads torn off like that!

WOW!, Scary sh*t. Glad to hear you're ok. ;)!

lenman20 said:
wow im assuming the cop saw the hole thing. glad everyone is ok

Yeah the cop had front row seats to the whole thing. He couldn't believe it either.

I would guess no one has ever seen that kind of accident because most rear hits, hit the rear, not the front and the bulkheads are barely made to take a front hit from oncoming. That makes for some odd pictures. Easy engine change though.

lenman20 said:
just wondering did he arrest him

No arrests and no drinking involved. It was a new stop sign from previous years on the trail due to logging and the snow conditions on the trail were really bad snow dust. He was just driving to fast and never saw us stopped at the sign. I never saw it coming and it never moved me off of the seat. It happened so fast it ripped the entire front end off and the back end with me on it never even moved an inch.

Back