• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vector ltx gt: slider wear + heat exchanger clipped by studs

EX TOPGASSER

I have a 2010 LTX GT. I put 108 of the Stud Boy 1.375" studs with power tower nuts and the plastic backers. My studs are clipping the rear heat exchanger.
I installed as per tech advise from Stud Boy and measured everything as they suggested. Measured all good.
Could it be because of track stretch (150 miles on it). I've adjusted it (track) once?
Also, when I adjusted the track I spent a lot of time to verify track alignment. I was sure it was bang on but I'm showing major wear on my right slider with marginal, if any, wear on the left.

Any advice?

I have been there with the studs and rear heat exchanger. Mine is shreaded as well. I believe what happens is when the skid bottoms out the lugs fold over against the tunnel protectors just enough for the studs to touch the exchanger. I riveted old pieces of hyfax onto the tunnel protectors over the rear cooler to prevent any more damage to the cooler.

IMO slider/hyfax wear is a function of how tight you run the track, how good of snow you ride on, and how often you clip the side of the trail to pull snow into the skid while riding. I got 2,500 miles on my original set of hyfax on my 136" Rage. There was more left to them than I thought and they probably would gone another couple 100 miles easy. I run my track loose were I have over an 1" sag with the track just hanging there. I also am kind of picky and usually ride in good snow. And regardless of the snow conditions I am always clipping the sides of the trail to pull in more snow in the skid. The frequency is less in great snow conditions. It has just become a habit with me. I know there are a number of other members that have gotten similar mileage out of their slides. G.B.

I also have scratched the fins of my rear heat exchanger. Running prestudded track. There were no marks on tunnel protectors? I added 3/8 inch of hard plastic to the tunnel protectors but so far they are not scratched. I think the track where the protectors are must not have any studs. I can't imagine how track is getting up that high?

Any one with info please respond.

I have the same setup and have the plastic hyfax added to the tunnel protectors and haven't had an issue.

Back