• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector LTX GT vs Apex XTX

nealchick

Extreme
Website
www.briarclifflandscape.com
Anyone who bought the ltx last year care to comment or compare it to this year's XTX? I was leaning to the XTX but dealer gave me some pretty good #'s on a leftover Vector LTX. Just wondering if the Vec was quick and smooth enough up to 100 or so. I realize the Apex is gonna fly by then, but...any input appreciated. BTW the difference in the two is $4,700; figure maybe I can slum it up at 2/3 the cost, but I don't want to be left in the dust per se.

If you want to have the latest, greatest, fastest sled get the Apex XTX.

If you don't mind being a quality, quick sled then the Vector GT LTX is an awesome sled. I liked the Vector GT LTX better than the 2008 Apex GT. The motor sits lower and the sled handles better and felt lighter. It keeps up to about 75-80 but if you want the power on the open lake or RR grade then you will want the XTX.

I went back because I missed the power of the Apex and with the EPS should handle better than the Vector.

$4700 is a big price for EPS and 10-15mph. Haven't got to ride the XTX yet but it is burning a hole in the trailer. :Rockon:

Rode em both at the Yammie demo rides last winter. If i was on groomed trails only I would have no problem owning a vector ltx.

I also rode them both at a demo ride. The first thing I noticed is how heavy the Apex felt compared to the Vector. I was impressed with the new FI motor in the Vector.

i have an 09 vector lxt and i love it!! i ride groomed trails 90% and off trail the rest. once you put some real skis on it you dont need the EPS. at allmost $5K diff its a no brainer for me its the vector. if you really want to fly you need the green turbo thing anyway. ;)!

NYRider said:
Does the new vector in apex frame ride 'taller' (ie worse) than vector in the old frame.

i just know I'm gonna get beat up for saying this "BUT". I've own a 05 vector that now has 6,000 miles on it.. My best riding bud has the newer vector..... I've ridden both, many miles. I "love my old beater because it feels more stable.. I think his feels tippy and is a colder sled to ride.. Another thing.. On mine to reach the plugs, just lift the hood.. On his it takes an act of god to get to the plugs.. The perfect sled for me would be my body style with the new F.I. engine. (o; MM.

I would tell you buy the vector and break it in and put a clutch kit it and a bigger sway bar and some ski and you have a trail rock it sled

I have had 3 Apex's. Bought 2010 LTX GT and Love it. Much lighter feel than Apex. Performance to 80 mph is great. Lots better fuel economy and range. We had weak winter last year and only put on 2500 miles. Zero changes to 2011 Vector LTX GT so I kept my 2010. Apex Long track looks good but for long range trail riding I think the Vectors better. Not to mention the $4000.00 Price difference.

If you don't mind the slight top end power difference, the Vector is a great sled for 4K$ less... does ride less top heavy than the apex, and the FI
Vector is really nimble and light compared to the Apex..i prefer the handling of the Vector much more, but i want as much power as possible so i trade in a heavier and more difficult to drive Apex...

Oh, and by the way.. i have both, 2009 Apex LTX GT and 2008 Vector LTX GT for the lady.. and beleive me, if i wasn't so macho, i would ride a Vector too....

LaLaLa

We put on 250 miles in the UP this weekend. Had my 2010 Vector GT LTX, Apex 2011 XTX and 800 Etec Renegade.

The new Apex is smooth and full of power. It has a smoother power band than what the 2008 Apex has when you hit the throttle you take off but it isn't as jerky. The engine braking is a lot better. Smoother instead of the jerky quick stopping it had in the past. The EPS was great on it. We don't do much riding under 35mph but you could tell it was there and the front shocks system was a comfortable ride. We put on a 250 mile ride on Saturday and I was not tired or beat up.

Overall I would say the sled is a better Apex than the past Apex models. You don't feel as much of the weight as you did in the past in the twisty trails. If you ride railroad grade and lakes this is for sure the sled you want because when you hit the gas it goes. Even at 80 on the railroad grade you hit it and instantly the power was there. I got a top speed of 110 and then I shut it down. It had alot more but I didn't want to push it being new.

My thoughts for anyone out there is that the Apex is a great sled with awesome power but if you want the best riding handling trail sled for twisty trails and overall enjoyment at a good price. You can't beat the vector gt ltx 2010 and 2011 FI models. The ski doo 800 etec is a winner if the engine holds up. It is lighter just as quick and $2000 less money than the apex. I am not a ski doo fan but I might be getting one next year if my buddies holds up.

I added the bigger wheels to help with slide wear 250 miles and the slides are shot. 800 etec slides look brand new. Yamaha needs to fix the issue. I am going to put a small set of wheels in front of the wheel where the skid is tipped up. Worked for a buddy last year on the nytro.

No issues with 171 1.325"studs. We rode hard and hit some big bumps. The suspension is great on the XTX. Still had the inside ski lift. The XTX is a beast out of the corner and the new engine breaking is nice into the corner. Like I said I liked the sled I just don't like it $4000 more than the Vector.

Banks93, Thanks for the report. I almost bought an XTX but decided to stay with my 2010 Vector LTX GT since it only had 2500 miles on it. I far prefer the ride and handling of the Vector over the old Apex. I hope to ride the XTX this winter.

Back